Brett McMurphy report on Miami football returning

You (and I) would have said the same exact thing about losing to Florida International University before last season.

It happened. Everyone kept their jobs. The Athletic department doesn't give a flying F about winning football games.
I didn’t think they were getting rid of him after year 1. But year 2, with Temple as the measure, given the history - I think that loss would take Blake and Manny out.

Advertisement
I didn’t think they were getting rid of him after year 1. But year 2, with Temple as the measure, given the history - I think that loss takes Blake and a Manny out.

I don't care if it's year 1, year 10, or year zero.

If you lose to Florida International University while coaching at the University of Miami......it's simply indefensible and an instant fireable offense.

I don't care if it's year 1, year 10, or year zero.

If you lose to Florida International University while coaching at the University of Miami......it's simply indefensible and an instant fireable offense.
True but it wasn’t going to happen. He was getting a 2nd year. After the Enos debacle, I think he did well with hiring Lashlee but still not enough because of his defensive staph.

Advertisement
True but it wasn’t going to happen. He was getting a 2nd year. After the Enos debacle, I think he did well with hiring Lashlee but still not enough because of his defensive staph.

It wasn't going to happen because we are already conditioned to the fact our administration doesn't give a flying F about the football program. I've said it many times on these boards I don't even give two ***** about Manny being or not being fired...he's just a symptom. That FIU loss should have sealed the fate of BLAKE JAMES (aka the DISEASE)....and it didn't.

Which tells me there is absolutely nothing that piece of underqualified clueless garbage can do that will get him fired. What happens to Manny doesn't even matter since the guy in charge of making the HC selection will just pick another bad one.

That FIU loss came in MANNY'S first year, not BLAKE'S. The fact he is still the "AD", and I use that term LOOSELY, is an insult to every Miami Hurricanes fan that actually gives a **** about winning.

It wasn't going to happen because we are already conditioned to the fact our administration doesn't give a flying F about the football program. I've said it many times on these boards I don't even give two ***** about Manny being or not being fired...he's just a symptom. That FIU loss should have sealed the fate of BLAKE JAMES (aka the DISEASE)....and it didn't.

Which tells me there is absolutely nothing that piece of underqualified clueless garbage can do that will get him fired. What happens to Manny doesn't even matter since the guy in charge of making the HC selection will just pick another bad one.

That FIU loss came in MANNY'S first year, not BLAKE'S. The fact he is still the "AD", and I use that term LOOSELY, is an insult to every Miami Hurricanes fan that actually gives a **** about winning.
Jedi’s first entrance into the building, upon being appointed to the BOT, “kill kill kill....” sound effects playing and all:

9E26E7A8-45C2-4CA8-9996-2B9FDFDA4502.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Should we beat Temple? Of course. Has Temple had a better record than us, playing a league that's basically rated the same as the ACC over the past 5 years? Yes. Did Temple beat Memphis, Georgia Tech and Maryland last year? Yes.

Advertisement
Great thing about recruiting south Florida kids to play at UM: half our roster can report to the Soffer in an hour.

Dude, I know. I was kidding. I simply pray Blake James gets the worst case of diarrhea ever and picks another line of work.
Fair enough. Lol. But you are right. He’s a bigger problem than the coach. I have no issues with him in his former role but if Manny fails, we don’t want Blake making the next hire.

Advertisement
Back