Breakout player on Defense

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
Michael Wyche: maybe this is a prayer, but this defense could look a whole lot better with a mountain of a man at NT. Can Wyche be that guy, I hope so, he's got the size and strength, but needs to adjust to the speed of the game quicker than Sandland did last year at TE.

I know we could talk all day about the scheme and how awful it is and why no players will succeed but hopefully we can keep that in the other threads.

Other guys to watch: Figatron: Hopefully the kid will hold up health wise because he's a physical specimen that could bring a lot more physicality to the LB position, especially with the way Armbrister struggled after the Florida game.

A. Burns: if he takes the same jump T. Howard did after the first year Burns could be pushing for post season honors. I realize he got burnt a little at the end of the season but most true Freshman do, and he has the athleticism and size to be an elite talent at CB.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
McCord or AQM. They won't just play on 3rd downs, and we will finally establish a pass rush.

McCord or AQM. They won't just play on 3rd downs, and we will finally establish a pass rush.

I'm hesitant to see how they're going to be used before putting them on any list. If they're in coverage again next season it will be another long year.

Advertisement
Corn Elder - I think he'll be our best corner by the end of the year. People don't appreciate just how good of an athlete he is

Advertisement
mccord is actually pretty decent in coverage, well compared to chickillo and green

im with grace, that kid can play and he is very good in coverage

will also mention carter, he is a perfect safety for this scheme

those two players fit this scheme very well so if we dont have any improvement from last year then it is definitely on the coaching and the players argument is over

Advertisement
You picked the right position to start with. If we don't generate a pass rush and get to the QB and throw timing off, it will be more of the same this year. WE need at a minimum 2 big men to step up and cause havoc in the middle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back