***Breaking News 5 Star Leonard Taylor Commits***

I agree, the fact he is a talented 5star from SoFla and he basically shut out a majority of the SEC and limited his top 2 to UF and UM already showed he was a little different. Also, unsure if it is COVID related but Wiltfong has been $ with his predictions (332/337 or 98.52%) His 5 misses? 1 kid who went to Arkansas that he pegged going to Kansas with a 1 level confidence, James Williams who he thought UGA back in May, a 3* RB he thought Duke with a 1 level confidence who went to Louisville, a 3* OT he took Colorado with a 6 who went to Fresno, and a TE who he thought UGA back in 2019 and he went ND.

I normally don't like putting much stock into this but looking purely at #'s dude has not really missed this year on high end prospects with the exception being James Williams to us. He currently has Taylor to us with an 8 confidence less than 2 weeks from his announcement date.

I hear you, but crystal balls typically come right before a recruit verbals or signs. So they've already heard something. So essentially a high rate of success is due to that. They aren't some high level fortune tellers, just guys who hedge their bets until the last possible second.

Advertisement
I hear you, but crystal balls typically come right before a recruit verbals or signs. So they've already heard something. So essentially a high rate of success is due to that. They aren't some high level fortune tellers, just guys who hedge their bets until the last possible second.

Agree which is why I added the caveat he put in his pick a few days ago when Taylor is committing in less than 2 weeks with a pretty high confidence level. If he wasn't confident then I think he just holds off closer to the date until he hears something as oppose to switching it last second.

It wasn’t quickly, they’ve been busting their asses since Feb / March. When I started posting in May about ground being made and being even people weren’t exactly buying in. At least half the folks.

The thing is people don’t know work is still going on even if 247 doesn’t report anything.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your Cribbyball confidence level at now? With J. Williams, I was confident that the longer it went without a commitment, the better our chances were because UGA would have been insisting on a decision. Then we got the shocking surprise. With Taylor I'm starting to get jittery. If it's all signs Miami, why wait? If your saying the kid isnt the personality type to troll the UM staff (committing to UF at this point would be an all time heel move), I'll believe you.

It wasn’t quickly, they’ve been busting their asses since Feb / March. When I started posting in May about ground being made and being even people weren’t exactly buying in. At least half the folks.

The thing is people don’t know work is still going on even if 247 doesn’t report anything.

I wasn’t insinuating that work wasn’t being done. But everything the kid did and said for months was very pro-UF. That changed very quickly. But of course anyone with a brain understands you chip away slowly but surely with kids like this.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your Cribbyball confidence level at now? With J. Williams, I was confident that the longer it went without a commitment, the better our chances were because UGA would have been insisting on a decision. Then we got the shocking surprise. With Taylor I'm starting to get jittery. If it's all signs Miami, why wait? If your saying the kid isnt the personality type to troll the UM staff (committing to UF at this point would be an all time heel move), I'll believe you.
Pretty sure he has some sort of deal to sign live on cbs (online).

Advertisement
Just stating the obvious: I'm really hoping we land this kid. 5 star DTs don't grow on trees - especially in S. Fla, so when they come around we've absolutely got to nab them.

Taylor is an absolute stud, and he has that type of frame, strength and athleticism to grow into the perfect size DT that fits in our system. He could be our Quinnen Williams which we sorely need to get back to elite status. You land a difference maker at QB, DT and LT and everything else sort of falls into place.

God, I hope we get this kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back