BREAKING: Jason Blissett Commits To Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Great to see a fellow New Yorker joining the Canes!

I’ll have to ask him about his favorite pizza toppings.

He doesn’t like co ck slices, and ground balls on his so y’all are opposites , sorry dude.

Last edited:
Welcome to Da U young man, big ups for having the motivation to move to Da Bottom to play for the U

8df61aa8630eadb798bf8574d640114e.jpg

Go Canes

Advertisement
Glad we are filling championship winning positions with less than championship quality prospects. He would be a good get for BC or Syracuse.

“I feel like the '19 class is a lot different from past classes. In my opinion, this class is a lot more about potential more than anything else. Technique seems to be lost by physical capability and you see a lot of people competing on unbalanced playing fields and it not translating at other camps and competitions against people of the same caliber. This goes for myself as well; however, I feel that it is evident that I compete with much more than just brute strength. The 2019 class is talented nonetheless and I do feel that football has remained exciting as we aged."

What? I've read this ten times and am still confused.

I'm building a database of athletic testing numbers for an article I'm writing and Blissett tests very well at his position. He tested as an 84th percentile athlete at the position and my database is heavily tilted to the ESPN300 etc. so that I'm getting all of the best players especially.

For Miami DT's that have tested, he finished in second place behind Gerald Willis (88th percentile).

Here are the players that weight 250+ pounds who ran a faster short shuttle than Blissett and his 4.40 short shuttle (my database started in 2014 when numbers became more available):

Derek Barnett- 1st round pick, All-American, and broke Reggie White's school sack record at Tennessee.
Solomon Thomas- 1st round pick and All-American at Stanford.
Joshua Paschal- Class of '17 player already starting for Kentucky and produced sacks against Tenn and Vanderbilt as a freshman.
James Lynch- ESPN freshman All-American last year for Baylor.
Gerald Willis- Miami's best DL and off to a crazy good start.
Rashan Gary- All-American at Michigan will be a very high pick this year.
Neville Gallimore- #11 on college football's "freaks list" at Oklahoma and looks to be a high pick.

That's it. That's the list.

Advertisement
Like his film for the most part and plays with a ton of effort and as dmoney just stated he’s a great athlete on the dline
he has to be a DT imo. i dont see DE speed. that being said, he has probably never been around an s&c program like ours.

Advertisement
“I feel like the '19 class is a lot different from past classes. In my opinion, this class is a lot more about potential more than anything else. Technique seems to be lost by physical capability and you see a lot of people competing on unbalanced playing fields and it not translating at other camps and competitions against people of the same caliber. This goes for myself as well; however, I feel that it is evident that I compete with much more than just brute strength. The 2019 class is talented nonetheless and I do feel that football has remained exciting as we aged."

What? I've read this ten times and am still confused.

My amateur translation: when you are physically capable, and competing on a physically different level than your opponents, you tend to lose your technique. Thus, when you compete against people of equal talent in a camp setting, your game does not translate as well. I, Jason Blissett, have been guilty of this at times.

he has to be a DT imo. i dont see DE speed. that being said, he has probably never been around an s&c program like ours.
If he's anywhere near the 6-4 270 he's listed at,why is anyone even bringing up DE.He's a DT here.

Advertisement
I hope he develops but from the film ive seen he just doesnt jumpout. Also takes alot of snaps from the DE position.
The DE snaps are a good thing. Saw his film playing a lot of "Wide 9" as well. He looks solid at 270 (no bad weight) and has the frame to play at 290 -295. I think moving inside will be a good thing. Should have a lot of quickness at DT and still have the ability to play strong side DE in goal line situations.

I trust that the coaches (coach Simpson in particular) know exactly what their getting.

Four solid DT's this cycle and we're on our way.....All the way up!!!!

I'm building a database of athletic testing numbers for an article I'm writing and Blissett tests very well at his position. He tested as an 84th percentile athlete at the position and my database is heavily tilted to the ESPN300 etc. so that I'm getting all of the best players especially.

For Miami DT's that have tested, he finished in second place behind Gerald Willis (88th percentile).

Here are the players that weight 250+ pounds who ran a faster short shuttle than Blissett and his 4.40 short shuttle (my database started in 2014 when numbers became more available):

Derek Barnett- 1st round pick, All-American, and broke Reggie White's school sack record at Tennessee.
Solomon Thomas- 1st round pick and All-American at Stanford.
Joshua Paschal- Class of '17 player already starting for Kentucky and produced sacks against Tenn and Vanderbilt as a freshman.
James Lynch- ESPN freshman All-American last year for Baylor.
Gerald Willis- Miami's best DL and off to a crazy good start.
Rashan Gary- All-American at Michigan will be a very high pick this year.
Neville Gallimore- #11 on college football's "freaks list" at Oklahoma and looks to be a high pick.

That's it. That's the list.

Wow. One of the most compelling tidbits I've read on here in a while. That's an exciting list.

Advertisement
Back