BREAKING - BLAKE BAKER

Advertisement
Yeah, we should

Manny could take over. Just last season he had to take a bigger role halfway through the season. You don't let this kind of mediocrity continue
I get it but you don’t have precedent enough yet in my opinion. Defense has still had some good performances to hang their hat on this season. There is probably something to be said about not having a traditional defensive coordinator and having our head coach call the plays and hiring a couple of guys on staff to address weaknesses on defense, but then that’s assuming that Manny can Split duties as head coach and defensive coordinator equally well. You’re dreaming if you think a situation like that is going to happen or even possible right now.

The defense was an issue in some games last year. Recruiting by some of these assistants has not been up to par.

We shouldn't be fighting to win games against backup QBs...NCST, Pitt
We finally beat a team after a bye that was 4-2 on the road. It’s a huge improvement. This isn’t 2000 dude. NC state has a really good OL, good RBs, and good WRs despite what some slurpers we’re saying.

I get it but you don’t have precedent enough yet in my opinion. Defense has still had some good performances to hang their hat on this season. There is probably something he said about not having a traditional defensive coordinator and having our head coach call the players and hiring a couple of guys on staff to address weaknesses on defense, but then that’s assuming that Manny can Split duties as head coach and defensive coordinator equally well. You’re dreaming if you think a situation like that is going to happen or even possible right now.

Precedent...against what good offenses?

UAB....not a great offense....didnt shut them out or totally dominate

Louisville...they scored ALOT

PITT... barely won agsinst a Back up QB and a true fresh WR had 147 receiving yards

FSU, as bad as they are, we looked the best

Clemson...no comment

UVA...no comment

D is trash

Advertisement
We finally beat a team after a bye that was 4-2 on the road. It’s a huge improvement. This isn’t 2000 dude. NC state has a really good OL, good RBs, and good WRs despite what some slurpers we’re saying.
We beat a team using their BACKUP QB

NC St isn't Alaska A&M...I get it. But we squeaked out a win because we played undisciplined, and played crappy on defense.

"Coach Macho you're overreacting! We held Pitt to 19 points! Louisville got all their yards and points in garbage time! The weaknesses you see every week won't be magnified versus better opponents. DEFENSE PLAYED GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN!"

talking spongebob squarepants GIF

We're gonna be in a shoot-out versus any offense with a fvckin pulse.

He's still on the staff unfortunately

This team is looking more and more like an Al Golden team

An offense that trips over itself, but has its moments

But the D is ABSOLUTELY atrocious. Bend but don't break zone garbage.

We struggled to get a W against another backup QB
I have to angrily agree with you.

Advertisement
Precedent...against what good offenses?

UAB....not a great offense....didnt shut them out or totally dominate

Louisville...they scored ALOT

PITT... barely won agsinst a Back up QB and a true fresh WR had 147 receiving yards

FSU, as bad as they are, we looked the best

Clemson...no comment

UVA...no comment

D is trash
Even the games with qualifiers that you threw in there (like back up quarterback and this team was crappy etc.) Either they were wins or the point totals were low etc. I think Baker needs to be replaced, remember you’re arguing for him to be fired mid season.

Advertisement
Even the games with qualifiers that you threw in there (like back up quarterback and this team was crappy etc.) Either they were wins or the point totals were low etc. I think Baker needs to be replaced, remember you’re arguing for him to be fired mid season.
I absolutely believe he needs to be replaced.

Those "qualifiers" are facts. We can be 15-0 against a bunch of teams from the Sun Belt Conference that played back up QBs. It doesnt mean we are a good team.

Arkansas already did some house cleaning this season

Al Golden wasn't fired mid season

I’d be very surprised if Baker is the DC next year. This has all the makings of Butch Davis and Bill Miller. Once Butch made that change UM took off. I think with the talent of the ‘21 class and a new DC, UM will be back for real.
So we have to wait until next year?

Advertisement
"Coach Macho you're overreacting! We held Pitt to 19 points! Louisville got all their yards and points in garbage time! The weaknesses you see every week won't be magnified versus better opponents. DEFENSE PLAYED GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN!"

talking spongebob squarepants GIF

We're gonna be in a shoot-out versus any offense with a fvckin pulse.
We are all over the place on defense. I am going to have to review some plays from last night just to figure out if we had an objective.

There is something seriously wrong with the defensive scheme.

The linebacking core is consistently misdiagnosing plays and is out of position.

The Ends continue to crash to the quarterback and not setting the Edge. They are constantly fooled by misdirection plays.

The middle of the field is constantly open on short crossing pass plays and delay drag routes over the middle.

It is incomprehensible to give up this many yards and points and yards to mediocre quarterback play and inferior talent.

It was almost unwatchable tonight.

Thank god for D'Erick King! An absolute Stud.
.... but we won.

Advertisement
Back