Braylen Ingraham

Advertisement
I think it's glaringly obvious that Richt is either quietly sitting on a strong finish or a very weak close. Nothing in between.

There has been very little obvious activity (i.e. activity purposely made known to us), very few leaks, and even all of the top prospects have been playing things very close to the vest. And I don't think this is all coincidental, either. It's by design.

That tells me that Richt is going with a stealth recruiting approach - which may or may not bode well for us.

So either he's got &hit lined up on the low, or he's relegated this class as a lower priority gap filler with the big focus on 2020. Hoping it's the former.
That filler class bull**** wont work. You have to recruit at a high level every year. Anything else just doesnt make sense.

That filler class bull**** wont work. You have to recruit at a high level every year. Anything else just doesnt make sense.

Yep. Agreed. Which is why I’m optimistic that we will close strong because Richt never just ****es on a class. He always tries to maximize each class.

Hope I’m right.

Advertisement
We still havent recruited a beastly DL
We have at pieces (Garvin, Rousseau, Nesta) but everything hasn’t clicked together at the same time. I know this is pointless to say but if Norton/McIntosh would have stayed with Willis, I would say that is elite and beastly.

Advertisement
I take it Harvey isn't good enough for you?

For DE, Harvey seems like he'll be a guy that can be elite. Williams will probably need a year or two.

As for DT, Holley and Munoz are decent players, but they're going to be guys that you want to RS the first year and build up, not throw to the fire immediately. You get Ingraham, then we're starting to look good.

For DE, Harvey seems like he'll be a guy that can be elite. Williams will probably need a year or two.

As for DT, Holley and Munoz are decent players, but they're going to be guys that you want to RS the first year and build up, not throw to the fire immediately. You get Ingraham, then we're starting to look good.
We are getting Blissett too.

We are getting Blissett too.

Those guys will be good players for us. But I think there's going to be a gap in talent next year as the only returners from the DT position will be:

Bethel
Ford
Nesta
Miller

Those guys are unproven minus Bethel who's decent, but he's not what Willis is.

Advertisement
Those guys will be good players for us. But I think there's going to be a gap in talent next year as the only returners from the DT position will be:

Bethel
Ford
Nesta
Miller

Have to hope he continues to develop and gets bigger. Willis looked like a top 10 pick last week. While he looked pretty good in 2016 he didn’t look unblockable like he did vs LSU

Bethel
Ford
Nesta
Miller

Good chance we lose one or two of our starting linebackers, and Joe Jackson this offseason as well. That front seven could be rough next year.

Advertisement
Good chance we lose one or two of our starting linebackers, and Joe Jackson this offseason as well. That front seven could be rough next year.

Outside of Joe Jackson, our starting LBs are not 1st round quality right now. But, that doesn't stop these kids from going to the draft. Even if they're day 3 picks as we've seen recently.

Have to hope he continues to develop and gets bigger. Willis looked like a top 10 pick last week. While he looked pretty good in 2016 he didn’t look unblockable like he did vs LSU
Agreed. My only minor concern is that he got so fired up and locked in to play his home town team that we might see a minor letdown. I don't think that is the case but you never know with defensive lineman.

Advertisement
Back