Brayden Lenius

He just moved here from Canada and missed the 1st couple games. That probably explains the offers. He has NFL bloodlines and he's only 16, hope we offer

Advertisement
I think this is great news! I wrote about Brayden for CIS back in early October and cited Greg Doyel's article. You can find the piece I wrote for CIS here: http://www.canesinsight.com/content/2066-Six-Degrees-of-Separation-Eldridge-****ey-and-Brad-Kaaya

Kaaya was in the same boat when he committed to us. In Lenius's case, he came from Canada and missed his first few weeks due to transfer rules. He will end up with plenty of offers once his tape gets around.

Advertisement
I would offer this guy immediately if Dixon goes to osu. Whoever seen Lenius play last week knows this guy is the goods & it would probably solidify Kayaa.

Cot **** this kid is only 16? Is he a Senior? I would offer the kid right now. Griffin is till in Limbo, and Dixon is not looking all the great at the moment. This could be the steal of the season.

Advertisement
I still say, keep an eye on that kid from NJ (Njoku, or whatever his name is). He's 6'4 and high jumps 7 feet. You can beat DBs a number of different ways, including out jumping them.

I still say, keep an eye on that kid from NJ (Njoku, or whatever his name is). He's 6'4 and high jumps 7 feet. You can beat DBs a number of different ways, including out jumping them.

Isn't he on his OV at the U?

I think I read that he is. I read that Urban Meyer is now in the picture and that suggests something about the kid. There's a lot to be said for tall WRs, especially if they have body control and leaping ability. Based on what I've read, he has a good 40 time, too.

Incidentally, just a bit of trivia--while most of you remember the Canadian kids we've had over the past decade or so, not many of you will remember that one of our first Canadian players was Alonzo Highsmith. He spent a number of years in Montreal while his father Walter played for the Alouettes. He was a HS friend, I believe, of a WR at Syracuse named Kane, who wasn't bad, as I recall. I don't know if the family was originally from Florida, although I suspect it is. Walter played at FAMU and Alonzo's cousin Freddy was from Jax and played for the U.

Advertisement
Highsmith is from Florida

Went to Columbus. Just caused his lived there for a few years doesnt make him Canadian

Kobe Bryant isnt Italian

Kaaya was in the same boat when he committed to us. In Lenius's case, he came from Canada and missed his first few weeks due to transfer rules. He will end up with plenty of offers once his tape gets around.

Want this kid, give him time to develop and you could have an animal on your hands.

Advertisement
If it came down to Njoku or Lenius, who is the better take?

After watching Njoku highlight and Lenius championship game, I would pick Lenius. This guy is young (16), big, and dominated Adoree' Jackson in the championship game. That Serra team has 3 D1 defensive backs on their team and they still couldn't stop Lenius. One game is a small sample size but it was against an elite high school program in Serra.

@SportsRecruits: #Chaminade extend lead to 13-3 on a ridiculous TD catch by Brayden Lenius on a dime from #Miami commit Brad Kaaya
😏

Advertisement
Back