Brayden Lenius shows off athleticism

But when a South FLA kid isn't offered by the Big-3 we question his ability.

Funny how that works.

Exactly. You can say "take away the fact that USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Warshington, Arizona, ASU, Oregon, etc. didn't offer him," but why would you take that away? It's pretty significant that all those professionals from some very good programs run by very competent HCs didn't see fit to offer him.

I'll stick with my opinion that I'd rather have McKenzie than either of these guys. They both might be nice prospects, but McKenzie's an instant TD maker.

Is rather have him too, but these guys are going be TEs and it's been a while since we had a real playmaker at that spot.

Advertisement

Funny how that works.

Exactly. You can say "take away the fact that USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Warshington, Arizona, ASU, Oregon, etc. didn't offer him," but why would you take that away? It's pretty significant that all those professionals from some very good programs run by very competent HCs didn't see fit to offer him.

I'll stick with my opinion that I'd rather have McKenzie than either of these guys. They both might be nice prospects, but McKenzie's an instant TD maker.

Is rather have him too, but these guys are going be TEs and it's been a while since we had a real playmaker at that spot.

If they're TEs, then we'll see if they can handle that position. Maybe they'll succeed at TE either here or somewhere else. I know Mike Leach isn't recruiting Lenius as a TE because I don't even think he uses one. He might have a guy on his team he calls a TE, but he's not really a TE.

I guess if you get to plan C enough you might connect on one or two eventually. I'm just not sold on Al's ability to find those guys.

Funny how that works.

If they're TEs, then we'll see if they can handle that position. Maybe they'll succeed at TE either here or somewhere else. I know Mike Leach isn't recruiting Lenius as a TE because I don't even think he uses one. He might have a guy on his team he calls a TE, but he's not really a TE.

I guess if you get to plan C enough you might connect on one or two eventually. I'm just not sold on Al's ability to find those guys.

Me neither.

People are ripping Lenius because they're upset with Golden. Separate the two. This guy is gifted.

I don't care what the local schools think of him. The first round is littered with guys who were ignored by the hometown teams. The local schools slept on Juwon Young and Brad Kaaya, too. I'm happy to have them.

The magic of HUDL means that we have access to the same information as the coaches. What don't you guys like on his tape? I see a huge guy who high-points the ball effortlessly and runs well. He is making plays against elite competition. Anybody comparing him to Tallman and Adderley never watched those guys.

And get WR out of your head. This guy and Njoku are tight ends at Miami. That is a position of need and either of those two guys would help us.

I agree with nearly everything you said but I think Golden will give both of these players a shot at WR first. If they don't pan out their, then Golden will move them. That's just my perspective because it would be hard to convince these guys that TE is the right position for them without giving them a shot at WR.

Advertisement
Lenius i dont see as a te prospect.

All i keep hearing is te/ h back blah zay blah zay...coley doesnt use that spot...he spread walford out there a few times thats it...

Our big wr/te prospect is already Commited in Chris Herndon who is more athletic than Lenius or Njoku....check the film..and the fact Norcross split him out wide and he likely was their best wideout...

Lenius i dont see as a te prospect.

All i keep hearing is te/ h back blah zay blah zay...coley doesnt use that spot...he spread walford out there a few times thats it...

Our big wr/te prospect is already Commited in Chris Herndon who is more athletic than Lenius or Njoku....check the film..and the fact Norcross split him out wide and he likely was their best wideout...

Same way I see it. And Leach ain't recruiting him as a TE because he doesn't use TEs.

Ask Nigel Patton how athletic Herndon is. He walked past him like he was standing still in their game this year.

Advertisement
Just saw this video....not saying it means anything about his talents as a WR/TE....... but he showed marginal athleticsm on those dunks color me not impressed... Griffin showed much more athleticism on his dunks...IJS

Funny how that works.

Let me be the first to doubt Lenius' ability to play TE at the next level. I just don't see it. But, we'll see...

Lot of people talk out of both sides of their mouth on this one. Golden/Randy get/got crucified for Jayron Hosley, Isaiah McKenzie, Geno Smith, Stedman Bailey and tons of other kids that went elsewhere and balled out while never getting offers from UF/FSU/UM.

I get it that they're exceptional, but local programs miss significantly. Whole host of kids have left Florida without Big 3 offers and balled out elsewhere.

Understand that losing on elite SoFla kids sucks and the parade of OOS duds that Randy brought in towards the end of his tenure is a tough pill to swallow that taints these discussions but these kids are unique and need to be evaluated individually.

Advertisement
Lenius could wind up a fine WR. Who knows. But anyone claiming that the clip in OP is anywhere near the same universe as Griffin's dunk tapes is either full of ****, mentally challenged, or hasn't watched Griffin's tape lately.

[video=youtube;3XNoqvurN0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XNoqvurN0o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

I'm looking at you, Arroz. We expect better out of you.

Lenius could wind up a fine WR. Who knows. But anyone claiming that the clip in OP is anywhere near the same universe as Griffin's dunk tapes is either full of ****, mentally challenged, or hasn't watched Griffin's tape lately.

[video=youtube;3XNoqvurN0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XNoqvurN0o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Just sick. SIIIIIICK. Need to stay on him throughout JUCO. Get this ************ a tutor already.

griffin is a straight up beast, no doubt. this dude would be impossible to stop.

Advertisement

Just sick. SIIIIIICK. Need to stay on him throughout JUCO. Get this ************ a tutor already.

Shouldn't be hard to follow him through JUCO because he'll most likely only be there a few weeks before he drops out.

No comparison between Professor Griff and Linus though. Linus would be looking for his security blanket if PG got him out there on the court. It'd look like a slam dunk contest between Dr J in his prime and Louie Anderson in his.

Advertisement
Back