Braxton Berrios

cubin10

All-ACC
Big time player steps up in big time games, his catches were at key times, and he just balled out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Played great.

No more celebration with the coaches though. Ankle is going to be sore, glad it wasn't as bad as it looked.

I'll say this; going into the season I said on this board he would be a very good senior player. Not elite.

I was wrong.

Braxton is a great possession receiver with decent speed, no ego, and a great blocker (for his size).

He might be the next Wayne Chrebet in the NFL.

And I'm happy I was wrong.

Good to see his success this year. He's a leader on the sidelines and on the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The catch he made up in the rafters, I didn't know he had those kind of hops.

I will be the first to say that I had him on the pedestrian level here. He was until this year and I'm happy to say I was wrong, he has IT.

Advertisement
I liked him ever since he scored that touchdown in the under armour game with a torn ACL, I knew he could be special.

Man I'll tell you what.....i ve talked a lot of chit about this dude over the years but he is the kinda hurricane you want all players to emulate. He's all Miami all the time. A true cane. Love this dude.

The pancake that he served on Rosier's run (unfortunately short of the TD) is more than enough to convince scouts of his NFL potential. Good hands. Smart. Willing to hit opponents. He will be a reliable player on some NFL team's offense (probably the Pats or the Pack). Funny thing is that he came to UM in the same year as Kaaya. I remember reports that he communicated with Brad before NLI day, trying to establish a relationship. Now, Kaaya is gone and just collecting checks in the NFL, and the real connection is Rosier to Berrios, both of whom might collect more than a paycheck in the NFL. Berrios has exhibited a Cane pride that Kaaya never seemed to understand. The emergence of Berrios is one of the strongest indictments of the previous staff.

Advertisement
Back