Braxton Berrios: Zero Patience. Props to Manny for Making Changes

Liquidstoke

Banned
Banned

“I think it doesn’t get any worse,” Berrios said of the 2019 season. “For whatever reason, it was a bad year last year. We can’t point at different things, but we don’t know. The most encouraging thing is that Manny Diaz didn’t sit back and say give it time. He made changes immediately. I think that is an encouraging thing and he is proactive in this search to be great.”

Berrios was asked how much patience should the fanbase give Manny Diaz as the head coach.

His answer was very straight-forward: the bottom line in major college football is wins and losses.

“Football is a production business,” Berrios said. “You don’t have too much patience, but understand that it is a process. I truly expect the Hurricanes to be a lot better than they were last year. I think that was bottom. I truly believe that was rock bottom. After last year, you should have zero patience in relation to last year.”

Da Truth...

But waiting on haters to flame Berrios for the using the "Al Golden Word that Shall Not Be Spoken.." :6fps6:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BB didn't have the career as many Cane greats, but man this kid's heart has nothing but Orange and Green. As pure a Cane as you can get.

Hope he makes his way back to Coral Gables after his playing career is over.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He is dead on . Diaz had never been an a HC . He made 1 major mistake - thinking an OC that Saban and Smart wanted was a good OC . A mistake many coaches would make in his position but he fixed it right away and fixed it big time. That is all you can ask. Now as Berrios also says we can't see anywhere close to that again . If we don't win 9-10 games this season Diaz will be fired but I have very little doubt we will . I still am way more hopeful in Diaz then in Richt , Shannon or Folden .

Maybe not the most purely talented dude we've ever had, but if we'd had a team full of guys like him, we'd have been in much better shape.
Agree. After an underwhelming start, that dude ended his Miami career firmly on my personal Top 10 Favorite Canes of All Time List.

Advertisement
Back