Braxton Berrios: Zero Patience. Props to Manny for Making Changes

Agree. After an underwhelming start, that dude ended his Miami career firmly on my personal Top 10 Favorite Canes of All Time List.

His play against FSU in the game that broke the streak was simply unreal. Not only did he score the 2 TD's, he kept the game-winning drive alive with a couple of huge first downs. That game has shifted the course of the rivalry in UM's favor since.

Advertisement
His play against FSU in the game that broke the streak was simply unreal. Not only did he score the 2 TD's, he kept the game-winning drive alive with a couple of huge first downs. That game has shifted the course of the rivalry in UM's favor since.
That was a downright legendary performance in my mind. Without BB it would've been an 8 year losing streak.

top 10? Top 10 this decade you mean.
No, sir. I said "personal favorite" Canes not "best" Canes of all time. Brax is unquestionably on my personal Top 10 list; heck, he may be in the Top 5. I absolutely love that dude!

No, sir. I said "personal favorite" Canes not "best" Canes of all time. Brax is unquestionably on my personal Top 10 list; heck, he may be in the Top 5. I absolutely love that dude!
I concur, he really was crucial for beating FSWHO. Courage and heart. One of my best also. He was rosier's top player. They had a connection between the two.

Advertisement

“I think it doesn’t get any worse,” Berrios said of the 2019 season. “For whatever reason, it was a bad year last year. We can’t point at different things, but we don’t know. The most encouraging thing is that Manny Diaz didn’t sit back and say give it time. He made changes immediately. I think that is an encouraging thing and he is proactive in this search to be great.”

Berrios was asked how much patience should the fanbase give Manny Diaz as the head coach.

His answer was very straight-forward: the bottom line in major college football is wins and losses.

“Football is a production business,” Berrios said. “You don’t have too much patience, but understand that it is a process. I truly expect the Hurricanes to be a lot better than they were last year. I think that was bottom. I truly believe that was rock bottom. After last year, you should have zero patience in relation to last year.”

Da Truth...

But waiting on haters to flame Berrios for the using the "Al Golden Word that Shall Not Be Spoken.." :6fps6:

Ah, yes—because Golden was the first and only coach to ever use the word "process" when talking about football.

Our fans are the best.

Excellent observation, and let's not forget some of those throws of the all time variety type that someone was throwing that game, and let's not forget who the oc was that kept putting berrios in position to make plays. I thought he was done after he got that cramp, lol. When a guy like berrios catches a cramp, and than comes back in the game and make one of the biggest plays in the game, but in Truth, that whole game seemed like nothing but bug plays, it was funny watching Fsu get caught off guard with the speed and power on those 2 big runs by travis homer, they may have been bigger plays than what berrios did. One of my favorite games, but the next year was even better, down 27 to 7, lol, them ****'s thought they had it, than the turnover purse/backpack, one of my favorite parts was after tamarrion scored, frenchie walking up to redwine giving em the business telling em, what was yo sorry *** doing just standing there, that was yo man, which is exactly why redwine teed off on em on that blitz, payback for talking ****. Reminded me of this ROFL:

The 2nd link shows what happened on the 1st one, its another video that shows how long the effects of that hit took, LOL:

Advertisement
Spoken well by a coachable, effort player who finally "got it" and knew he had to work for whatever he was going to get out of the game.

I'll go to war with the guy who has a chip on his shoulder because of those who doubt his ability, as opposed to the guy that's athletic as heck and takes plays/games off.

Advertisement
Back