Braxton Berrios sending a message:

maybe he wants to be on TV picking a school and likes the attention.. what is so wrong with that?

I think there is something terribly wrong with it.......it just ****ing baffles my mind.

Guys don't seem to understand that the "me first" and "I want attention above the team" attitude doesn't just disappear when you pull the helmet on. If that's who you are, then it has a way of showing itself in the team dynamic too.

Advertisement
......and that tweet is supposed to do what as far as croots we're trying to inherit???

Honest question... Besides make yall happy on the board.

How is that going to affect the "THE REAL ****" recruits WE NEED???

Thoughts???

see that theres another way to do things, the right way!

all these kids follow each other on twitter and feed off each other. D.Jackson starts playing games, Bethel figures his boy's playing and joins in on getting attention(notice he said he wanted a georgia offer then followed up with "i want to hit 4000 followers" after)… Hopefully some see Braxton get attention for being a man and follow his lead.

True... Yet they're committed to "us" and desperately seeking attention on the same level as the commits who we desire but without a doubt NEED.

What im asking PUNCI how do you think his message going to affect J.C. Jackson, Johnie Dixon (main one i think he's referring too), & Dalvin Cook? Besides Dixon i don't see that message barring any weight except fans following recruiting heavily.

Don't think it will. 0%.

MAYBE Dixon a little, because they seem to be close

My point exactly. Not trying to be that guy. He's standing firm behind his commitment and like that. I just dont understand all of the hooplah over his tweet it's not like the one's who we're going after is feeding off of this except Dixon. I guess people needed some type of inspiration since the weekend didnt go as expected lol.

......and that tweet is supposed to do what as far as croots we're trying to inherit???

Honest question... Besides make yall happy on the board.

How is that going to affect the "THE REAL ****" recruits WE NEED???

Thoughts???

all these kids follow each other on twitter and feed off each other. D.Jackson starts playing games, Bethel figures his boy's playing and joins in on getting attention(notice he said he wanted a georgia offer then followed up with "i want to hit 4000 followers" after)… Hopefully some see Braxton get attention for being a man and follow his lead.

True... Yet they're committed to "us" and desperately seeking attention on the same level as the commits who we desire but without a doubt NEED.

What im asking PUNCI how do you think his message going to affect J.C. Jackson, Johnie Dixon (main one i think he's referring too), & Dalvin Cook? Besides Dixon i don't see that message barring any weight except fans following recruiting heavily.

Don't think it will. 0%.

My point exactly. Not trying to be that guy. He's standing firm behind his commitment and like that. I just dont understand all of the hooplah over his tweet it's not like the one's who we're going after is feeding off of this except Dixon. I guess people needed some type of inspiration since the weekend didnt go as expected lol.

It's effectively more important that we keep our active commitments firm. So we can focus on the JC's, Cooks, Dixons and Pelons. If we're overwhelmed holding on to the studs we have then we're ****ed.....

Advertisement

Don't think it will. 0%.

It's effectively more important that we keep our active commitments firm. So we can focus on the JC's, Cooks, Dixons and Pelons. If we're overwhelmed holding on to the studs we have then we're ****ed.....

You're right and i hope Ali G has a plan A-Z just incase, which im sure he does. Seems to have the recruiting down to a science.

this kid will be open all day in the slot. hopefully we have a competent QB to deliver the rock...

220.gif

Advertisement
maybe he wants to be on TV picking a school and likes the attention.. what is so wrong with that?

I think there is something terribly wrong with it.......it just ****ing baffles my mind.

Guys don't seem to understand that the "me first" and "I want attention above the team" attitude doesn't just disappear when you pull the helmet on. If that's who you are, then it has a way of showing itself in the team dynamic too.

This is VERY true, and a big reason why we have underperformed so much over the past decade. We've had talent, its just been a lot of the wrong kind of talent. What we have lacked is the "coachable" type kids. The kinds of kids that VT excels at getting. Every team needs them. We have too many guys who int doing their own thing and trying to be the "star" of the show. Most great teams have maybe 2 or 3 real "stars", much of the backbone of many great teams, are the grinders. The coachable hard workers who make it all happen for the stars. South Florida seems to excel in producing the "star" mentality kids, but not enough of the blue collar, hard working coachable kids.

Advertisement
not to get too into it. But, Berrios has a dad that seems to have raised him right. A lot of kids down here don't have a dad, and the father figures they have are sometimes steering them in a direction that will benefit them… $

This is very true. Buddy of mine, who ended up playing for the Corn Huskers, had to JUCO first.............never heard from his dad until he became a 4 star Juco commit to Nebraska. Then Dad was all of a suddenly giving him career advice and ****

Was he from the swamps in Louisiana? His daddy name Roberto?

Not to change the subject, but would Barrios be considered similar to Wes Welker in playing style?

Advertisement
Few sayings come to mine with all this ****. If you commit to The U it should be as simple as "We don't care about nothing but This U" and "when you are a cane you are a cane for life." You shut it down you go out and get all your boys you play the 7 on 7, optimist and high school teams with and make that team the best.

this kid will be open all day in the slot. hopefully we have a competent QB to deliver the rock...

Can you imagine how much fun it will be for Berrios to practice against Dorito's defense? LMAO. He'll be the greatest Greentree All American EVER!.

Advertisement
Back