Braxton Berrios doing better than I thought

Advertisement
Definitely makes you believe under a different Coach/Staff he might've had a lot more to offer while here.
Never should have played on the outside. Got lost in the shuffle 2016 with Richards, Coley, Njoku, Herndon.

I still wanted him featured more. Kaaya really needed him him the protection broke down.

I'm gladly eating crow on this one. He turned out way better than I thought. Looks like he's worked on his explosion a little bit.
Now I'm starting to think we underutilized him.
His sparq numbers were crazy I think he broke a record on one of the workouts. Forgot which one

Advertisement
3.81 in the shuttle in HS, good for 5th all time NFL time. He ran an unofficial 4.01 at his pro day. (this list maybe slightly outdated)

Top 10 Fastest 20-Yard Shuttle Times​

ranktime (seconds)nameyearnotes
13.73Kevin Kasper2001(WR), Iowa
23.76Deion Branch2002(WR), Louisville
33.78Dunta Robinson2004(CB), South Carolina
43.79*Champ Bailey1999(CB), Georgia
53.81Cooks, Brandin2014Oregon St.
63.82McCain, Bobby2015DB
3.82Dante' Hall2000(RB), Texas A&M
83.83Jason Allen2006(FS), Tennessee
3.83Kevin Bentley2002(OLB), NorthWestern
3.83Terence Newman2003(CB), Kansas State

Advertisement
I will always associate him on that 3-10 (maybe 4-10?) play against FSU (Langham game) where he caught it over the middle and the yellow line to gain got screwed up and like followed him at a diagonal angle so I had no clue if he made it or not. Great Cane, showed up in big games, misused until his final year.
He made TWO critical conversions on that drive. The other he caught well behind the sticks, broke a tackle and got the first down and stopped the clock. That was his hero game. Legend.

3.81 in the shuttle in HS, good for 5th all time NFL time. He ran an unofficial 4.01 at his pro day. (this list maybe slightly outdated)

Top 10 Fastest 20-Yard Shuttle Times​

ranktime (seconds)nameyearnotes
13.73Kevin Kasper2001(WR), Iowa
23.76Deion Branch2002(WR), Louisville
33.78Dunta Robinson2004(CB), South Carolina
43.79*Champ Bailey1999(CB), Georgia
53.81Cooks, Brandin2014Oregon St.
63.82McCain, Bobby2015DB
3.82Dante' Hall2000(RB), Texas A&M
83.83Jason Allen2006(FS), Tennessee
3.83Kevin Bentley2002(OLB), NorthWestern
3.83Terence Newman2003(CB), Kansas State
He destroyed that **** at the opening. That's when I was like this cat is a little different

Advertisement
The thing so many didn’t understand about Braxton Berrios is he was an elite athlete coming out of high school.

Not elite athlete for _____. An elite athlete, period.

Add to it his intelligence and his work ethic and you see one of the outcomes he was capable of. Probably a less than 50% outcome, but not a 5% outcome, either.

Always thought he was poorly used in his college career.

The thing so many didn’t understand about Braxton Berrios is he was an elite athlete coming out of high school.

Not elite athlete for _____. An elite athlete, period.

Add to it his intelligence and his work ethic and you see one of the outcomes he was capable of. Probably a less than 50% outcome, but not a 5% outcome, either.

Always thought he was poorly used in his college career.
Yes...basically got only 2 years of play ....

Advertisement
Go check out my post history; I’ve been very bullish & defending Berrios for a minute, including going back & forth w/ a certain nominated poster who said X would be better than Braxton.

Berrios was a super under appreciated WR here
. He was misused for his first couple of seasons here, & finally was utilized appropriately his last yr here. Dude is all Cane, repped us well here, & is repping us well in The NFL.
He was also under appreciated as a punt returner. I still remember people saying Richt only put him back there because he didn't drop the ball, with all the talent in So Fla, there was no excuse to not have a more explosive, electric returner.

Advertisement
Back