Brashard didn’t travel with team (Commits to SMU)

Advertisement
I would rather have Brashard Smith than lose him. I do like his kick returning and gadgetry.

Ray Ray Joseph is already the punt returner, and rightly so. He will also likely cut into Smith's WR appearances, if he lives up to billing.

Chris Johnson figures to get some KR duty and take some of the gadgetry next year.

Ny Carr also will cut into Smith's reps if Carr lives up to billing.

He could easily lose reps to Trader if Trader turns out to be ready.

This is on top of being behind X and George.

I am biased in favor of Down South players as my mom went to Palmetto and many of my family went to The Ridge.

I'd rather have him than not, but it's pretty obvious why Smith is leaving if you step into the bird's eye view.
Too much sound logic here, you're gonna lose people. :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Best of luck to the young man, hope he finds a good home. But sounds like he needed a change of scenery and perhaps the team needed him to move on too.

Advertisement
From the Miami Herald article (https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article283665983.html), there was the following snippet:

Hennigan said Smith loves Miami and would rather not leave, and could still end up staying at UM. But she said he has one more year left and wants to be utilized more.

Anyone think there's a chance he ends up staying, or is this a done deal?
The full quote:

"Everything’s fine,’’ his mother said. “It’s his last year so he wants to make it his best year, and he wants to be on the field. He loves Miami and doesn’t want to leave Miami. Unless a miracle happens and they talk to him and convince him to stay, he’s transferring.’’

The full quote:

"Everything’s fine,’’ his mother said. “It’s his last year so he wants to make it his best year, and he wants to be on the field. He loves Miami and doesn’t want to leave Miami. Unless a miracle happens and they talk to him and convince him to stay, he’s transferring.’’
yeah.. uh mario and staff aint taking him back after the **** he pulled

Advertisement
From the Miami Herald article (https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article283665983.html), there was the following snippet:

Hennigan said Smith loves Miami and would rather not leave, and could still end up staying at UM. But she said he has one more year left and wants to be utilized more.

He should leave, He stands on the sidelines majority of game.. Why should he spend his whole college career on bench.. Timing is just not right with Covid year players getting extra year, those players behind them got screwed

Advertisement

Would say it’s a done deal, as in the fat lady has sung. No way in Hades should he be allowed to rejoin or stay after publicly saying his teammates got their assess kicked by Rutgers, how do you think that would go in the locker room if he stayed. Pretty sure it wouldn’t go well for him.

I would rather have Brashard Smith than lose him. I do like his kick returning and gadgetry.

Ray Ray Joseph is already the punt returner, and rightly so. He will also likely cut into Smith's WR appearances, if he lives up to billing.

Chris Johnson figures to get some KR duty and take some of the gadgetry next year.

Ny Carr also will cut into Smith's reps if Carr lives up to billing.

He could easily lose reps to Trader if Trader turns out to be ready.

This is on top of being behind X and George.

I am biased in favor of Down South players as my mom went to Palmetto and many of my family went to The Ridge.

I'd rather have him than not, but it's pretty obvious why Smith is leaving if you step into the bird's eye view.

And Robby. Love Brashard but everyone except X was underused and next season he was most likely going to see an even more diminished role.

Advertisement
He should leave, He stands on the sidelines majority of game.. Why should he spend his whole college career on bench.. Timing is just not right with Covid year players getting extra year, those players behind them got screwed
He’s not playing over X

X is one of the best slot WRs in the entire nation… there’s a reason every QB we have give him big time targets… he wins routes and catches everything thrown his way.

Love BS but we’ve got RayRay and Robby waiting in the wings and a class of WRs who also look like their hungry… this is why you recruit at a high level

All I would say is you don't diss your teammates the way he did. Once he did that he prevented the return to the team. Good luck to him though.

He’s not playing over X

X is one of the best slot WRs in the entire nation… there’s a reason every QB we have give him big time targets… he wins routes and catches everything thrown his way.

Love BS but we’ve got RayRay and Robby waiting in the wings and a class of WRs who also look like their hungry… this is why you recruit at a high level
Exactly, who would want to spend their whole career on bench. Might as well go somewhere you can play and maybe win more games and enjoy last year.. We can go 7-5 with or without him..

Advertisement
Back