Brashard didn’t travel with team (Commits to SMU)

Brashard Smith is a nice player. But he's a role player. A lot of you think more of him than he is or at least has been as a player. You guys project out the few splash plays he makes and believe he'll be some sort of dynamo if you just feed him more. I'm sure we're leaving a little on the table with him, but I am not sure you're getting a whole lot more from him other than the occasional splash play.

If players like Ray Ray Joseph, Ny Carr, or Rob Washington can't simply replace what Smith is giving you, then you ****ed up in your evals because you're not getting a ton from Smith in the first place.

All three of those players are at least one tier higher as prospects as well. Smith was a 247 rated 92. Rob Washington and Ray Ray are 94 low 4 to a mid 4 prospect upgrade. Ny Carr is a 95, even higher yet. If you're not getting 11ypc and a few touchdowns from that group, then idk what to tell you. Its not like we don't know what a stud in Shannon Dawson's offense is supposed to look like in this very role. There is an All-Rookie performer in the NFL who was literally doing what these guys are going to be asked to do right now. That's what you're looking for. Is that Brashard Smith? Probably not.

Advertisement
IIRC sometime during the season, Mario was asked about Smith and Mario basically said he needed to step up his game on and off the field. If the reports about his grades are accurate, then he obviously isn’t taking care of business off the field. Couple that with stupid personal foul penalties and it’s obvious why Smith’s PT hasn’t been what many think it should be.

😞Ole **** is killing it
Can you define killing it?

I mean they got boat raced by UGA, lost to Bama, Barely beat out a bad Texas A&M team by 3 in November after their season already went off the rails.

They do have the #13 ranked HS class but that is propped up by 33 recruits and 15 3-stars. Their top 7 recruits (highest being #61-372) are all from MS. so out of their 33 player class, only 6 are in the top 300 and are all located in their back yard. Their bottom 10 recruits are all ranked outside of the top 600.

The portal they are doing much better. However their entire portal class is mainly on D. CBs and safetys. The jewel of that portal class is Nolen from A&M. Id say they are doing well but no way would I be able to say that is "killing it"

Tonight Show Rip GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Now I wish Smith could of had a career like Kavonte Turpin here, but it just didn’t turn out. I’m not gonna be hurt that Brashard leaves, he’s been midocre here. But he’s not a dude I pushing out the door. If he does leave, the returner spot will be something to watch during camp.

I would definitely like to see some of his playing time go to the younger wrs to see what they got. Smith looked dynamic in straight-line speed but just didn't look explosive in the breaks. Younger wrs need some development in physique but I think they all have a higher upside than Smith in our Offense. We need one in that group to be a true playmaker to open the offense up even more. I think Carr can be a Jaylen Waddle-type player for us.

Brashard Smith is a nice player. But he's a role player. A lot of you think more of him than he is or at least has been as a player. You guys project out the few splash plays he makes and believe he'll be some sort of dynamo if you just feed him more. I'm sure we're leaving a little on the table with him, but I am not sure you're getting a whole lot more from him other than the occasional splash play.

If players like Ray Ray Joseph, Ny Carr, or Rob Washington can't simply replace what Smith is giving you, then you ****ed up in your evals because you're not getting a ton from Smith in the first place.

All three of those players are at least one tier higher as prospects as well. Smith was a 247 rated 92. Rob Washington and Ray Ray are 94 low 4 to a mid 4 prospect upgrade. Ny Carr is a 95, even higher yet. If you're not getting 11ypc and a few touchdowns from that group, then idk what to tell you. Its not like we don't know what a stud in Shannon Dawson's offense is supposed to look like in this very role. There is an All-Rookie performer in the NFL who was literally doing what these guys are going to be asked to do right now. That's what you're looking for. Is that Brashard Smith? Probably not.
Well said.

Posts as concise as this is what CIS brings to the table .
We have many like this here like @BoxingRobes that have game and bring it I have 100 years of FB experience and can’t write something like this.

Slow 🙏 clap deserved here, impressive

My compliments

GOCANES

Advertisement
Can you define killing it?

I mean they got boat raced by UGA, lost to Bama, Barely beat out a bad Texas A&M team by 3 in November after their season already went off the rails.

They do have the #13 ranked HS class but that is propped up by 33 recruits and 15 3-stars. Their top 7 recruits (highest being #61-372) are all from MS. so out of their 33 player class, only 6 are in the top 300 and are all located in their back yard. Their bottom 10 recruits are all ranked outside of the top 600.

The portal they are doing much better. However their entire portal class is mainly on D. CBs and safetys. The jewel of that portal class is Nolen from A&M. Id say they are doing well but no way would I be able to say that is "killing it"
I was speaking of the portal in response to a comment that he might transfer there. Adding Smith would not be bad for Lane with that he has done so far in the portal....and "entire portal class is mainly on D" is killing it for Ole Miss since their defense is annually their primarily achilles heel to keep up in the $EC

Advertisement
Until we have Horace, Lamar, Darryl, Kevin, Christ T, Jonathan, Yatil, Santana, Reggie, Roscoe, Stacy or Philip. These guys were playmakers who made big plays in some big games. No one in the receiver room is replaceable YET. We still need these guys to become consistent. Jacolby and X have a chance next year. To be those consistent guys that defenses have to worry about. We just need to add another explosive threat.
Now you can add his stupid tweet after the game yesterday. I stand by what I said. Replaceable as ****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back