Brandon Powell Final Decision?

569.gif

Advertisement
Only had offers from Tennessee, Auburn, Nebraska and Cal. Do not want. Can't be any good. Only want RBs with offers from Alabama and FSU.

Welcome to the U, BP!!! Excited to have you join the family!!! Can't wait to see you spanking that FSWho? ***!!!

I'm about to mention another RB so I apologize in advance.

I hope Cook comes.

I really wanna see what Powell can do at CB. Think he can be an NFL starting caliber prospect on defense. On offense his upside is limited due to his size I'm afraid. Can be a nice college player, but for his future... he'd probably be best going to CB... Cook would allow the staff to contemplate that move if he's able.

IMO Yearby, Powell and Cook(if he choose us of course) would all be better options at toting that rock than Gus the Bus or DCrawford to be honest..I feel maybe in Bamas or Gtech's offense he as a big back would get many touchs but in Miami's offense I see him as a future top fullback that get a couple touches running and receiving but mostly blocking...he a good option now due to the lack of depth but next season I see starting fullback and he would be a huge upgrade at the position....also his position out of highschool...jmo could be wrong but again Powell is great pickup!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Arguably the sleeper of this class and really shouldn't be. This kid is going to be exciting to watch. Don't sleep on him.

He's going to be our much better version of Dallas Crawford. Nice to see the staff improve overall talent.

Advertisement
I am so ******* happy about this. Thank ******* God he reaffirmed and didn't flip elsewhere. This kid is a player.

Advertisement
Powell reaffirming his commitment is huge....dude is electric but bcuz the class include Yearby and possibly Cook later on he dont receive the appreciation he deserve...but I feel he has the potential to be just as good as the other 2 rbs....also I bet Gus get moved to Fullback fulltime next season

Why do you see Gus moving to FB next year? Im sorry if I come off hostile but that is a ridiculous statement. First we do not have depth to move him there. Both Powell and Yearby will not be ready for full time reps, and one will definitely red shirt if they keep both at the same position. Second what has Gus shown that makes you think he will be a good FB? Cause he is big? He is more of a finesse RB and that isnt a good quality to have as a FB where your main job is to block.

This. I can't recall Gus moving the line forward the entire year, but I do recall him getting stuffed several times in short yardage situations.

He has talent as a finesse back, but until he lowers his pad level - dramatically - he's never going to have the leverage to be a good short yardage back, much less a fullback.

When asked if he knew anything about Dalvin Cook’s recruitment, Powell said no and he didn’t really care.

“You have to compete regardless,” said Powell. “I had to compete my whole four years in high school. It’s nothing new to me.”

565.gif

Kid is going to be a good one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back