Brandon Innis

Yah DJ is who it is rn for me. I remember reading the newspaper article about him picking us when it happened and feeling so much optimism like ok we really are gonna climb back to the top.
But of what 'most importance' was his recruitment on the trajectory of this program?

Advertisement
But of what 'most importance' was his recruitment on the trajectory of this program?
For me it's a lot of factors combined. #1 overall ranked recruit and all the way over in Cali , he got extra pub from being part of that record breaking team that was on a ridiculous win streak, was hyped to a point of being a general sports story not just confined to people who care about football recruiting like I remember even john madden was talking about the kid on sunday broadcasts as maybe the only exception he's ever seen of a kid who could possibly go straight to the NFL if that was allowed. All that and then the circumstances of our program at that time, we were down and folks around the country had written the obituary.

Lester Williams, Alonzo Highsmith and Melvin Bratton deserve a spot on this list if we’re talking most important recruits in program history. Jerome absolutely as well he came in the same year as Zo and Bratton that class sculpted our dynasty.

Armstead was #1 overall player in the nation out of Texas but he came at a time when we were dominating the college football world. But signing him was proof that Jimmy could go anywhere and get anyone. After he came we started getting a lot more guys out of Texas in the 90s.
If you look, after Jim Kelly there's an etc......to many to mention.

Advertisement
I’m not a pro, just a fan also.

I’m perfectly fine with disagreement, most people do, I encourage it actually.

I’ve seen a ton of those types of statements about him on here & well all I can say is, we’ll see...
What is this bull****?!?! This canesinsight! We ain’t got time for NAUNCE! Either slurp or mope, PICK YO SIDE!

I could be wrong, but I think Innis like most high ranked South FL WR's in recent history was extremely overrated coming out of HS.

I don't think he'll be anything more than moderate/average throughout his college career.
Who you think is a better prospect between Jeremiah Smith and Cam Coleman. I know Smith is the #1 WR but I really like Coleman game. I see Smith and hear people call him the next Andre Johnson but I dont see it. I see more Tee Higgins. But Coleman game looks like Julio Jones. I wanted us to make a major run at Coleman. I know last year Innis was the cant miss prospect but I didnt see the same pop as I saw with Branch.

Advertisement
JS is waaaaaay better than Haslewood from a few years ago who I said was vastly overrated. It’s not even close. JS is a unicorn and I’m not going to pretend he’s not because of the fact he may not come here.

Now if anyone wanted to say someone wasn’t as good as their ranking…well FSU got him last year.

Also, restrepo over innis 10/10 times. Not as recruits coming out of HS, but now.

Restrepo SHOULD have a renfrow type of career in the NFL. Worst case berrios.

Advertisement
Given the totality of the circumstances, the 98 class is tbe most impressive.
Don't know about that. @Brooklyndee would not only agree, but he's very astute in regards to those classes. The 1996/97 (Freshman in 97) class when all was said & done, was Mind shattering, especially with Butch taking the brunt of the schollie reduction in 96/97 just to get them over with.
To pull in the classes we did from 96-98 is beyond belief. The Evaluations, Recruiting, and later on development from those classes is staggering.

Advertisement
Don't know about that. @Brooklyndee would not only agree, but he's very astute in regards to those classes. The 1996/97 (Freshman in 97) class when all was said & done, was Mind shattering, especially with Butch taking the brunt of the schollie reduction in 96/97 just to get them over with.
To pull in the classes we did from 96-98 is beyond belief. The Evaluations, Recruiting, and later on development from those classes is staggering.
I'd agree with you. I'll take the 97 class

preach MF'r.

Jeremy Strong Yes GIF by SuccessionHBO

97 class is hands down the best in program history. From top to bottom no other class comes close IMO.

Advertisement
Back