Brandon Innis

Advertisement
he always was...it wa sthe boards hopes and drems that he wasnt
you mean to tell me he isnt miserable bc he sat like all other freshman normally do in the beginning? ****, if we apply that to us, CJ Jr is miserable and so is Popo

Advertisement
If he did red shirt he wouldn't be staying for that 5th year anyway (he'd be drafted by then or pushed out).

I don't see the issue. The issue is he's stuck with McCord as his QB for now.

It’s not really an issue assuming he’s a three and done kid regardless. BUT it is pretty dumb considering how they used him. If he was that close to redshirt eligibility and they played him 5 more snaps to burn it I’d be annoyed. At least grant the kid the ability to use that extra year if he wanted to when you weren’t using him anyway.

Advertisement
It’s not really an issue assuming he’s a three and done kid regardless. BUT it is pretty dumb considering how they used him. If he was that close to redshirt eligibility and they played him 5 more snaps to burn it I’d be annoyed. At least grant the kid the ability to use that extra year if he wanted to when you weren’t using him anyway.
They should have found ways to use him more, but if he's who they expect him to be then he's not sticking around for year 5. After his 3rd year OSU and Innis will know what direction his future is headed: NFL or bouncing around trying to hold onto the football dream.

I just don't think it's that big of a deal. What may have been more important to Innis than redshirting was dressing and travelling with the hope of getting some burn vs. staying in Columbus during road games and standing on the sidelines in street clothes at the horse shoe. If given the chance to get some burn (unfortanutely OSU didn't have much garbage time to give out PT this year) as a 5th or 6th WR or not dress, I'm sure Innis opted for the potential playing time.

They should have found ways to use him more, but if he's who they expect him to be then he's not sticking around for year 5. After his 3rd year OSU and Innis will know what direction his future is headed: NFL or bouncing around trying to hold onto the football dream.

I just don't think it's that big of a deal. What may have been more important to Innis than redshirting was dressing and travelling with the hope of getting some burn vs. staying in Columbus during road games and standing on the sidelines in street clothes at the horse shoe. If given the chance to get some burn (unfortanutely OSU didn't have much garbage time to give out PT this year) as a 5th or 6th WR or not dress, I'm sure Innis opted for the potential playing time.

I don’t disagree I’m just pointing out that it is a potential year he cannot get back. OSU should’ve used him or played him to the redshirt limit and then given it. If he’s as good as advertised though it doesn’t matter. He’s gone beforehand.

If he did red shirt he wouldn't be staying for that 5th year anyway (he'd be drafted by then or pushed out).

I have said this many times before, but they should just give everyone 5 years of eligibility and get rid of redshirts unless they are medical - and medical redshirts should only be given if you sustain a significant injury in your last year of eligibility.

Advertisement
I hope Smith sees 2 targets and does not like it...........................we can give him that in the first 2 mins of his first game...................

They want Day’s head-

His record against everyone else is like 90-4-

I hope the program implodes -
IMG_9322.jpeg

I think it’s more of an indictment of Day and hartline’s roster management. He’s not going to need the fifth year, but for them to burn his redshirt the way they did is extremely dumb and I’d be questioning if I could trust those guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back