2023 Brandon Innis - WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruggs, Smith, Jeudy, and Shavers. Crazy pull.

That class is a good study in evaluation.

On paper, it was stupidly insane. In addition to the guys above, they also pulled in Leatherwood, Najee Harris, Dylan Moses, and Tua.

But they also had a lot of high profile busts too like Labryan Ray and Cowan and Shavers, and a lot of the after thought guys like Mac Jones and Brian Robinson went on to be players for them.

Evaluations matter.
Stack the best players and see how it shakes out..

Advertisement
Ruggs, Smith, Jeudy, and Shavers. Crazy pull.

That class is a good study in evaluation.

On paper, it was stupidly insane. In addition to the guys above, they also pulled in Leatherwood, Najee Harris, Dylan Moses, and Tua.

But they also had a lot of high profile busts too like Labryan Ray and Cowan and Shavers, and a lot of the after thought guys like Mac Jones and Brian Robinson went on to be players for them.

Evaluations matter.
Not everyone pans out

But If you recruit 6 five stars and only 2 make it to the early first round and the rest are day 3, udfa, or never started, you look like a hero cause nobody remembers the busts.
If you recruit one 5 star and they get drafted in the 5th round then you get your *** kicked cause your didn’t “develop them”.

Not everyone pans out

But If you recruit 6 five stars and only 2 make it to the early first round and the rest are day 3, udfa, or never started, you look like a hero cause nobody remembers the busts.
If you recruit one 5 star and they get drafted in the 5th round then you get your *** kicked cause your didn’t “develop them”.
If you get a class with 5 5 Stars, there's almost no way you won't be winning a championship with that class.

Not everyone pans out

Was just looking at 247 commit list and in last 4 years Bama signed 17 Five star players, Miami signed 2. Now I get the Bama bump and Miami shuffle post commit but these are generally top guys across the board. We havent been getting top 100 guys at the rate we need to to compete at the highest level. Evaluations look great even if your hit rate on 5 stars is 40%. Mario is a star ***** also so we dont have to hear this south florida 2 star bs too much often.

Not everyone pans out

Exactly. That’s why 247 gives Bama the bump because they “develop” their five stars when in reality they probably have at least 15 five stars on their roster each year so the law of averages say at least 5-7 get drafted highly.

247 doesn’t account for the busts.

The more higher ranked recruits we can stack the likely that some will get drafted high which means we start to get respect and get more high ranked recruits.

Rinse and repeat.

Advertisement
Exactly. That’s why 247 gives Bama the bump because they “develop” their five stars when in reality they probably have at least 15 five stars on their roster each year so the law of averages say at least 5-7 get drafted highly.

247 doesn’t account for the busts.

The more higher ranked recruits we can stack the likely that some will get drafted high which means we start to get respect and get more high ranked recruits.

Rinse and repeat.
Stacking talent certainly helps cover up the busts. Tracy Howard stung because when he didn’t end up what we hoped we had nobody behind him. This class is how you build a contender. If for some reason Mauigoa would not end up as advertised it helps to have someone just as highly touted behind him.

Last edited:
Was just looking at 247 commit list and in last 4 years Bama signed 17 Five star players, Miami signed 2. Now I get the Bama bump and Miami shuffle post commit but these are generally top guys across the board. We havent been getting top 100 guys at the rate we need to to compete at the highest level. Evaluations look great even if your hit rate on 5 stars is 40%. Mario is a star ***** also so we dont have to hear this south florida 2 star bs too much often.
I’ve talked about this plenty of times.
Bama osu Clemson and uga have cleaned house on elite talent since the playoffs began.
The results have been a large number of day one picks and a lot of busts that nobody remembers

But also a lot of playoff appearances between them.

Not all back ups and starters are the same. But I’m pretty sure that all undrafted players at those schools are better than most team’s undrafted players. And that leads to tougher practices and better competition.

Advertisement
I came in here all giddy thinking thread was bumped because he had decommitted. I should’ve known better….

Advertisement
Stupid is a bit harsh lol. Maybe uninformed or looking for confirmation bias since we will probably land one and not the other. On that note Innis is everything you want in a recruit. He's a real leader and someone that is going to do very well. Whatever school lands him is getting a great player and an even better person
I had this conversation I don't remember if it was with El or go getta but I don't see the infatuation with innis personally. I'm not saying he's not a polished reciever at the high school level but I'm not sure what else he has room to grow into. He can obviously get more explosive in a college weight room and on a proper nutrition program. But I'm not sure how much more. To me I've never seen him play in person but he just seems like a possession reciever when I looked at his tape once. Y'all obviously have a far better grasp of the kid from seeing him in person etc. I'm just saying myself the kids I've seen that compare to him sometimes top out development wise at an early level.

I had this conversation I don't remember if it was with El or go getta but I don't see the infatuation with innis personally. I'm not saying he's not a polished reciever at the high school level but I'm not sure what else he has room to grow into. He can obviously get more explosive in a college weight room and on a proper nutrition program. But I'm not sure how much more. To me I've never seen him play in person but he just seems like a possession reciever when I looked at his tape once. Y'all obviously have a far better grasp of the kid from seeing him in person etc. I'm just saying myself the kids I've seen that compare to him sometimes top out development wise at an early level.

you are 100% spot on. His ceiling is lower than most of the guys we want but his floor is VERY HIGH. He is almost a complete product at this point.

Advertisement
Stacking talent certainly helps cover up the busts. Tracy Howard stung because when he didn’t end up what we hoped we had nobody behind him. This class is how you build a contender. If for some reason Mauigoa would not end up as advertised it helps to have someone just as highly touted behind him.
tracy howard played in the nfl..was far from a bust.

it's probably just the highlights I looked at, but Innis was my least favorite (of the top 5 south fla guys).

but, to show how worthless my opinion is, I saw an A J Green high school game on TV, and he looked worthless.

I dropped the ball on that one!
ResizedP_3d18dae2-c37a-44be-bd2e-55f9fa325c38_70059254676399.gif

Some dudes just want it more than others. Imo that want to, is what separates him. I know it’s cliché but it’s the intangibles. Relentless competitor that does the little things.

Physically he almost looks like a RB now. He looks completely different than he did a few years ago. To me the comp is Amon Ra St. Brown. Not the fastest guy, isn’t gonna blow you away with physicals but just a ball player that won’t let you stop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back