2023 Brandon Innis - WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
The best teams in the Nation are loading up at WR because that’s the direction the game is headed in now.

The UGA way takes much longer to build & has less probability of coming to fruition.
I bring up FSU in the Jimbo era. He had the trenches especially the DL stacked and they couldn't get over the hump until Jameis came around. Its why UTenn paid Nico what they paid him. Get elite QBs and the weapons they need. Of course you need the trenches but they arent as important in today's game. Look at the 2019 chip game. Bama got blown out with all their 5 star DL. On the flip side of that, Clemson had 3 1st rounders on that DL and a 4th rounder and Bama still threw for 300 and ran for 150+. The game has just changed, and as you said the route UGA took is way more difficult.

Advertisement
Hartline is a beast on the recruiting trail. Some school is going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.

I rather any player go to Taint than Baga, Jawga and Jortsville

Eh, OSU might be that next team. They have so much talent that it's probably just a matter of time before they start winning CFPs.

Hartline is a beast on the recruiting trail. Some school is going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.

Hartline is a beast but it's the combo with Keenan Bailey that makes him formidable. He's Hartline's key assistant that drives recruiting. The guy is originally from Broward and is basically Hartline's right hand man.

Advertisement
As I tried to eloquently put it, OSU have been flooding The NFL w/ top 3 round talent WRs. Whether they bust or not is no never mind when they r getting guaranteed contract $$ & roster roster spots for several yrs. It also helps that they just put two first rounders this past draft & will have another 1st rounder, most likely, this up coming draft.

What we can’t do is continue to torment ourselves by comparing. Right now, we can’t.

Right now, the top 10 classes per 247:

1. ND (15 commits)
2. OSU (13 commits)
3. Clemson (15 commits)
4. PSU (13 commits)
5. UGA (11 commits)
6. TT (18 commits)
7. UC (19 commits)
8. NW (18 commits)
9. USC (11 commits)
10. Arkansas (13 commits)
34. Miami (8 commits)
38. Bama (5 commits)

-TT, UC, NW will be out of the top 25. 85+% of their class is made up of 3 stars; it’s just the size of their classes that have them in the top 10
-Arkansas will probably drop as well, since their class is 50+% 3-stars (but that NIL $$$ may calling)

Now, its no surprise that Bama is where they r; they get some key guys early, all blue chips, let kids OV, dominate the season, & dominate the finish. Mario learned under Saban, so its ironic we’re close by each other. Imo, the only real threats in recruiting right now from start to finish is OSU, Bama, UGA, Clemson (I think they have a bounce back yr), & UTK (they’ll probably be this yrs’ TAMU).

Other than that, I’m not worried about no one else. I still think we finish top 7, no less than top 10 to end the recruiting season. I know it’s annoying to see right now, but some teams will always be in the mix for the top spot, and we’ll see some new teams blow their wads early, over paying for disappointment.

Advertisement
Can’t blame these kids. I hate osu but their receivers eat every year. We only recently got average QB play and our top receiver last year went undrafted.

Reminds me of that WR haul that Bama got a couple of years back.
Ruggs, Smith, Jeudy, and Shavers. Crazy pull.

That class is a good study in evaluation.

On paper, it was stupidly insane. In addition to the guys above, they also pulled in Leatherwood, Najee Harris, Dylan Moses, and Tua.

But they also had a lot of high profile busts too like Labryan Ray and Cowan and Shavers, and a lot of the after thought guys like Mac Jones and Brian Robinson went on to be players for them.

Evaluations matter.

Ruggs, Smith, Jeudy, and Shavers. Crazy pull.

That class is a good study in evaluation.

On paper, it was stupidly insane. In addition to the guys above, they also pulled in Leatherwood, Najee Harris, Dylan Moses, and Tua.

But they also had a lot of high profile busts too like Labryan Ray and Cowan and Shavers, and a lot of the after thought guys like Mac Jones and Brian Robinson went on to be players for them.

Evaluations matter.

Evaluations, matter. And numbers matter. It's why you see Miami busting their *** to get Emory too. ****, the NFL screws up 50% of their draft picks. And their job is 10x easier. You want to stack chips to survive the inevitable busts that every program has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back