Brandon Cleveland decommited

I’m not sure why people are so down on Diaz. We improved on the field and continue to recruit better and better. He’s shown to make changes to staff members that don’t perform. What more do people want out of the guy? It takes time to win. I cannot imagine what people would have said about Dabo his first 3 years
UNC - 1000 yards rushing crushed Manny's previous record for most yards allowed rushing. Previous year - FIU, Jarren Williams, OC, no signs of a HC in training. Manny got Lashlee and D'eriq, else we could have been a .500 or worse ball club. Too many close games that shouldn't have been close. I want all UM coaches to succeed but I'm not all in on Manny until......we beat a Bama, OKl, OSU or Clemson.

Advertisement
Based off what ?
his recruiting track record ?
his one year here he missed on every local prospect and every major dt prospect in ga, had to go get Holley blisset and jhh, one has flashed one is a jag and one has injury issues
I don’t get where this idea that he is some top recruiter comes from
Stroud recruited circles around Simpson
I’m not sold on Jess either tbh...

With both Rousseau & Phillips being first rounders & the success we’ve had in DLine recruiting recently, if he can’t parlay that into landing Shemar Stewart or Kenyatta Jackson idgaf about how technically savvy he is or how many Buford kids he can sign...

Bring us the Blue-chippers, no excuses.

Back at one!!

Back to One || Brian McKnight - 1999 The Five steps of Love. - Album on  Imgur
This aint get enough love. LOL

With both Rousseau & Phillips being first rounders & the success we’ve had in DLine recruiting recently, if he can’t parlay that into landing Shemar Stewart or Kenyatta Jackson idgaf about how technically savvy he is or how many Buford kids he can sign...

You realize GR wasnt a blue chipper?
Jess was the first coach at two schools to turn G will
Into a beast.

Advertisement
You realize GR wasnt a blue chipper?
Jess was the first coach at two schools to turn G will
Into a beast.

Yes, GR wasn't a blue chip. Guys outplay their projections. It happens, I’ll take my chances with blue chips though and I am willing to bet you would too.

Believe he is talking strictly from a recruiting standpoint though on Simpson, and I agree with it. This is the most loaded SoFla has been up front on defense since I can remember. We are about to have 3 edge guys drafted with 2 being on day 1. There are no excuses for us to swing and miss on all of these top edge guys. Zero. None. Zilch. Do I think we will? No, I am just stating how ridiculous that would be. No one is doubting his coaching ability, but if he cant take advantage and sign the DUDES, then that hurts the bottomline...ESPECIALLY with it being so loaded.

Also got Elijah Roberts, Jahfari Harvey.

He has nothing to do with an injury casualty (who was actually playing) and JHH flshing and Holley being young is you have to wait for development.

He has recruiting CONNECTIONS in GA...i dont think anyone called him a top recruiter or anything. Recruiting DL at UM isnt exactly a hard thing to do.

Who were the local guys they missed on that he had to settle for Blissett, Holley in Summer of the recruiting year? lol

Robert’s was recruited by Stroud & Banda/ Harvey was recruited by Diaz primarily, but Simpson was the 2ndary recruiter.

However, we did think Simpson would open the pipeline to GA

Every single DL blue chip from GA went everywhere but here. So we’ll see if the 2nd -go-round changes. The only kid we got from GA during his tenure was Holley.

Yes, GR wasn't a blue chip. Guys outplay their projections. It happens, I’ll take my chances with blue chips though and I am willing to bet you would too.

Believe he is talking strictly from a recruiting standpoint though on Simpson, and I agree with it. This is the most loaded SoFla has been up front on defense since I can remember. We are about to have 3 edge guys drafted with 2 being on day 1. There are no excuses for us to swing and miss on all of these top edge guys. Zero. None. Zilch. Do I think we will? No, I am just stating how ridiculous that would be. No one is doubting his coaching ability, but if he cant take advantage and sign the DUDES, then that hurts the bottomline...ESPECIALLY with it being so loaded.

Furthermore, everyone on this board knew we stole Greg b/c a lot of P5 offered him as they saw this kid. He just didn’t attend the camps to get those brownie points to boost up his rankings. Just like we stole Key Smith.

Regardless, like u said, the risk reward on blue chips are much higher than 3 stars & below. U can’t compete w/ the upper echelons if U’re constantly relying on diamond in the rough type players. We’ll see how things go; I do like Simpson the coach, though. Then again, I liked Kul the coach, yet he gets maligned for his recruiting...yet as a P-recruiter here, he brought us Jade, Joe Jackson, Garvin, Ford, DJ Johnson. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Robert’s was recruited by Stroud & Banda/ Harvey was recruited by Diaz primarily, but Simpson was the 2ndary recruiter.

However, we did think Simpson would open the pipeline to GA

Every single DL blue chip from GA went everywhere but here. So we’ll see if the 2nd -go-round changes. The only kid we got from GA during his tenure was Holley.
“If I recall correctly” Simpson got Elijah to commit as a Junior and he decommitted when Jess bounced to the NFL. Stroud then got him to recommit.

Advertisement
simpson is going to get players based on his track record alone.

and then comes the fact that the dude appears to be a great bloke off the field

Let the man do his job. I don't care WHERE he gets his guys from as long as he gets HIS guys... Alot of these kids the staff "BETTER LAND" are the ones who are looking to bolt out of Florida.

exactly man

he may be a great teacher which he seems to be
but 50% or more of college football coaching is recruiting
i just think were giving him too much benefit of the doubt at this time
what is going on should raise some eyebrows
bc he lost two dline commits without any replacements or even any smoke that theyll sign a replacement soon

Advertisement
I believe based on recent events that Stewart Jones Jackson are all outta here. Recent events have shown this. Now Simpson has to land at the minimum Kelly

I believe based on recent events that Stewart Jones Jackson are all outta here. Recent events have shown this. Now Simpson has to land at the minimum Kelly
We absolutely cannot go 0-3 with that trio. IDGAF who we get at DE, it would be a fail. Good news is, we have a loooooooong way to go. Those 3 are not pulling any trigger anytime soon. They are going to enjoy the process until the end.

Advertisement
The FSU slupers on social media believe that they "flipped" Cleveland from us... They don't want to hear nothing about Miami dropping him or a coach that is not pursuing a recruit as much as the previous coach.

They truly are the gator light version of a fan base. Still can't decide which program I hate more..

Made sense to drop this kid but definitely nervous about Simpson's recruiting abilities

The one year he was here he missed on alot of D Line Targets

DT - Braylen Ingraham (ALA)
DT - Quashon Fuller (FSU)
DE - JJ Weaver (UK)
DE - Khris Bogle (UF)
DE - Lloyd Summerall (UF)
DE - Kevin Harris (ALA)

“If I recall correctly” Simpson got Elijah to commit as a Junior and he decommitted when Jess bounced to the NFL. Stroud then got him to recommit.

IIRC, Banda was first contact, then Patke & Simpson contacted him. But, again, trying to recollect here, he decommited during the suck *** ‘18 season, prior to Simpson leaving. Believe he decommited in like October or November of ‘18. If my memory is not failing me, his decommit was due to our on field play, and not due to Simpson leaving.

Advertisement
Back