Bradley Kaaya

Honestly how hard is it to throw a bubble screen to Stacy Coley every play? :p

and at least some passes over the middle. kaaya is big and strong with good vision. i am not saying he doesn't need a red shirt but i think he does a lot of the things we have lacked from QB's over the last few years.

Advertisement
He is a good QB prospect good size, strong arm, good athlete he looks like he is going to be a good one

RW will use the TE a lot more and hit the RB out of the backfield more. He won't hit as many out routes or bombs as Morris. He'll move the ball getting more first downs and we'll keep the ball longer helping the Defense. If the running game is solid, he'll be an effective QB.

Advertisement
RW will use the TE a lot more and hit the RB out of the backfield more. He won't hit as many out routes or bombs as Morris. He'll move the ball getting more first downs and we'll keep the ball longer helping the Defense. If the running game is solid, he'll be an effective QB.

I remember the last QB we had that did sh8t like that...

th

Dorsey (sigh).... my man didnt have the biggest arm, but was accurate, composed and knew to get it to his playmakers and let them do the rest.

IMO he got "royally f*cked" for the Heisman when they gave it to Eric Crouch

+1 on RW. Don't care if he doesn't have a big arm. Decision-making is by far the most important quality for a UM QB. With the talent we have, there is almost always someone open. Morris is terrible at checking down. It was a travesty how infrequently Duke got thrown at. I would rather have longer, sustained drives than a mix of big plays and 3 and outs. We need to wear down the opposing defensive line and keep our D off the field.

Also, next year our running game should continue to be a strength. Deep at offensive line (despite some losses) and a big stable of young running backs. Need a QB who capitalize on that by properly using play action.

Thats all the team needs and they will be much better on offense because of it

Advertisement
Ken Dorsey had probably the weakest arm of any QB we have had in the last Decade plus. Jacory is the only one even close. All this fawning over "arm strength" and not enough focus on "smarts". Give me the smart QB over the great arm any day in College Football. Pros is another matter. But NCAA, Smart QBs rule.

Ken Dorsey had probably the weakest arm of any QB we have had in the last Decade plus. Jacory is the only one even close. All this fawning over "arm strength" and not enough focus on "smarts". Give me the smart QB over the great arm any day in College Football. Pros is another matter. But NCAA, Smart QBs rule.

Nick Saban approves this message

im not too worried about ryan williams arm strength. i agree smarts and accuracy>>>arm strength. I'm more concerned about his very limited mobility though. if our o line doesn't do an incredible job protecting williams, he's a sitting duck.

im not too worried about ryan williams arm strength. i agree smarts and accuracy>>>arm strength. I'm more concerned about his very limited mobility though. if our o line doesn't do an incredible job protecting williams, he's a sitting duck.

Look back at that Duke game, Herb was a monster, Stacy was killing it until he got hurt in the 2nd and we were missing Dorsett. Those quick bubble screens were destroying Duke until it became predictable and Herb was the only one it could work for but that can be a stable in many games with Williams

Advertisement
Can I have a side order of HEART with that order? No more running out of intact pockets and throwing across your body into the field of play while going out of bounds. I want a QB that has heart and passion, one that elevates his intensity and focus to exceed the situation. So I agree arm strength is great, but it takes a lot more to be an elite level CFB QB.

Nick Saban approves this message

Kaaya won't even sniff the field this year. Williams will make him look like the wet-behind-the-ears kid he is. How many true freshmans come in and save programs at the QB position? If we're insanely lucky, and the 1% chance occurs that he's Johhny Fckball level Heisman great, then he'll step in as a RS FR and lead us to a similar season that Tex A&M had this year with their putrid defense.

It'd be nice to see what Kaaya could accomplish with OG as his HC.

Dorsey (sigh).... my man didnt have the biggest arm, but was accurate, composed and knew to get it to his playmakers and let them do the rest.

IMO he got "royally f*cked" for the Heisman when they gave it to Eric Crouch

I agree. For every Cam Newton and Vince Young there's a Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, Ken Dorsey, Matt Flynn, Matt Leinart, Josh Heupel, and Matt Mauck. Not sure why people are enamored with the NFL prototype, big armed QBs. We need to get QBs who are film room hogs and make the right reads.

Advertisement

Unquestionably he will not hold ball like Morris, it should come out a lot quicker, shorter routes, also I hope there is effective screen game to get Randy, Joseph and Brandon in space.

Last edited:

Unquestionably he will not hold ball like Morris, it should come out a lot quicker, shorter routes, also I hope there is effective screen game to get Randy, Joseph and Brandon in space.

Dorsett, Herb, Berrios and Coley included

Somewhat QB related.

But does anyone else think that Duke should get less rushes and more passes?

Where is the wheel? The screen?

on a positive, coley was winston oc and qb coach last year.

You're obviously misinformed.

Coley held the OC title, but Fisher has always called the plays and coached the QBs.

Coley coached TEs at FSU.

Advertisement
Back