Brad unlikely to play Saturday!

A 2 man rush left our QB concussed. If I'm Alex Gall I would be ashamed of myself.

Gall getting most of the hate for it but Kc McDermott got beat pretty bad on that play.

gall is getting the hate bc he literally just stood there and didn't block anyone. didn't even make the smallest of effort to double

Gall is getting the hate because he pushed the guy into Kaaya making the contact worse. Kaaya doesn't get concussed if Gall just looked around dumbfounded like the center and the other guard.

Advertisement
A 2 man rush left our QB concussed. If I'm Alex Gall I would be ashamed of myself.

Gall getting most of the hate for it but Kc McDermott got beat pretty bad on that play.

gall is getting the hate bc he literally just stood there and didn't block anyone. didn't even make the smallest of effort to double

Go look at the play again. Isadora correctly takes his guy outside while McDermott has bad form and gets beat bad to the inside. Gall is covering his man, center has the DT and he has to take the linebacker if he blitzes. He does have slow reaction (the juke blitz was enough to throw him off) but the defense did a good job of confusing them with the movement before the snap. Yes he is at fault but McDermott deserves plenty of blame here.

[video=youtube;5wixOlVyEQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wixOlVyEQ4[/video]

"covering his man". His man popped up and dropped back. he then looks over to his left and literally takes a second before deciding that he wants to block. it's like our guys literally had no idea what to do in that situation.

Gall is getting the hate because he pushed the guy into Kaaya making the contact worse. Kaaya doesn't get concussed if Gall just looked around dumbfounded like the center and the other guard.

Gall is getting the hate. Just because he sucks. Every game. All the time. Even when he's not in, he is sucking. Hard.

Advertisement

Go look at the play again. Isadora correctly takes his guy outside while McDermott has bad form and gets beat bad to the inside. Gall is covering his man, center has the DT and he has to take the linebacker if he blitzes. He does have slow reaction (the juke blitz was enough to throw him off) but the defense did a good job of confusing them with the movement before the snap. Yes he is at fault but McDermott deserves plenty of blame here.

[video=youtube;5wixOlVyEQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wixOlVyEQ4[/video]

"covering his man". His man popped up and dropped back. he then looks over to his left and literally takes a second before deciding that he wants to block. it's like our guys literally had no idea what to do in that situation.

You're right, he was doing what he was taught to do. That is the real problem. They have no clue what they were doing that's why he wasn't there to back his man up. You can tell they were confused by the defensive play call. But again my point is that McDermott got beat like a rag doll on that play and it "starts with him" ;)

LMAO got Alex Gall up in this thread trying to place blame elsewhere.

The 2 tackles are the only dudes that had anyone to block. While the 3 clowns in the middle were standing there like plants.

Kaaya got ****ed by a 2 man rush and that is a crying shame.

Gall and Kehoe should be run out of town for the fact that they are accessory to murder. If i was a QB i would not step behind that mess OL.

Who is behind Rosier? Vincent Testaverde? Yeah, I'm not sure that exposing the backup QB by running him is such a good idea. Bring in another TE and a FB, line up in the I, and try to run it down their throats. If we can't do that against Duke, we're ****ed anyway.

So you'd rather him sit in the pocket behind a bad ol? Your injury odds are far higher , at least on designed runs you see what's in front of you and can prepare for impact . His strength is his legs, use them. Not sitting him in the pocket as a sitting duck, getting blasted by unblocked DL with a head of steam.

You play to a kids strength , not his weakness. That's been part of the problem here , setting these kids up for failure .

No, I want him to turn around and hand the ball to Yearby and Walton and get the **** out of the way.

And average 2 ypc? At least zone read opens up the run game, it makes a huge difference . The end can't crash down anymore

Did you see that time Rosier was brought in to run a zone read play in one of the early games? FAU maybe? It looked terrible. Leave that zone read mickey mouse **** for the coaches who actually know how to run it. If our OL can't out-muscle Duke and open some holes for the RBs, the zone read isn't going to work anyway, and we're going to get massacred. Line up in the I and run the ball, try to hit them with some PA passes, play field position, protect Rosier from hits, and see what the **** happens. The season is over anyway.

Are you serious?

That was a package he was used in, everybody in the stadium knew his one play a game was either a run, qb run or something near the Los . No threat or respect for anything over the top. So the defenses flew downhill. A good coach would've shown different looks every week off that action ,but ours were too dumb. It's far harder to stop with the threat of the pass.

We have a dual threat qb behind a bad ol. Then mix in he has accuracy issues and still learning to go through the correct progressions.

That's why you use the zone read . It helps the ol, it takes one defender out of the play. The DE will have to respect him pulling that ball out and won't be able to attack the rb in the backfield .

That alone will open up the field and the playbook. The run action will make the PA game effective , which then makes the progressions easier.

Lots of low risk throws.

The last thing you want is putting him in third and longs and expecting him to throw the ball 35 times. Just lining up and running the ball with Yearby won't work.

Let the kid play to his strength, that's what real coaches are supposed to do.

Btw, you referring to it as "Mickey Mouse stuff" tells me you've never coached or played against it.

Last edited:
Who is behind Rosier? Vincent Testaverde? Yeah, I'm not sure that exposing the backup QB by running him is such a good idea. Bring in another TE and a FB, line up in the I, and try to run it down their throats. If we can't do that against Duke, we're ****ed anyway.

So you'd rather him sit in the pocket behind a bad ol? Your injury odds are far higher , at least on designed runs you see what's in front of you and can prepare for impact . His strength is his legs, use them. Not sitting him in the pocket as a sitting duck, getting blasted by unblocked DL with a head of steam.

You play to a kids strength , not his weakness. That's been part of the problem here , setting these kids up for failure .

No, I want him to turn around and hand the ball to Yearby and Walton and get the **** out of the way.

And average 2 ypc? At least zone read opens up the run game, it makes a huge difference . The end can't crash down anymore

Did you see that time Rosier was brought in to run a zone read play in one of the early games? FAU maybe? It looked terrible. Leave that zone read mickey mouse **** for the coaches who actually know how to run it. If our OL can't out-muscle Duke and open some holes for the RBs, the zone read isn't going to work anyway, and we're going to get massacred. Line up in the I and run the ball, try to hit them with some PA passes, play field position, protect Rosier from hits, and see what the **** happens. The season is over anyway.

I agree with putting in tucker at FB and running the I formation. Dobard is a big TE who could block, just run power I offense and play action pass. **** that read option b.s.

Advertisement
LMAO got Alex Gall up in this thread trying to place blame elsewhere.

The 2 tackles are the only dudes that had anyone to block. While the 3 clowns in the middle were standing there like plants.

Kaaya got ****ed by a 2 man rush and that is a crying shame.

Gall and Kehoe should be run out of town for the fact that they are accessory to murder. If i was a QB i would not step behind that mess OL.

No what I see is people giving McDermott a pass. Never once did I say Gall was not responsible.

Are you serious?

That was a package he was used in, everybody in the stadium knew his one play a game was either a run, qb run or something near the Los . No threat or respect for anything over the top. So the defenses flew downhill. A good coach would've shown different looks every week off that action ,but ours were too dumb. It's far harder to stop with the threat of the pass.

We have a dual threat qb behind a bad ol. Then mix in he has accuracy issues and still learning to go through the correct progressions.

That's why you use the zone read . It helps the ol, it takes one defender out of the play. The DE will have to respect him pulling that ball out and won't be able to attack the rb in the backfield .

That alone will open up the field and the playbook. The run action will make the PA game effective , which then makes the progressions easier.

Lots of low risk throws.

The last thing you want is putting him in third and longs and expecting him to throw the ball 35 times. Just lining up and running the ball with Yearby won't work.

Btw, you referring to it as "Mickey Mouse stuff" tells me you've never coached or played against it.

When he gets blasted on a zone read play, and Vincent comes in, I'll blame you. If the OL can out-muscle Puke's defense (do you deny that they shouldn't be able to do that?), then there won't be a lot fo 3rd and longs. Your entire argument is premised on the OL being unable to do anything right. Maybe that's true, but I'd rather lose trying than having to put Vincent in because Coley decided to channel his inner Oscar Meyer and try to run a high school offense.

Are you serious?

Lots of low risk throws.

When he gets blasted on a zone read play, and Vincent comes in, I'll blame you. If the OL can out-muscle Puke's defense (do you deny that they shouldn't be able to do that?), then there won't be a lot fo 3rd and longs. Your entire argument is premised on the OL being unable to do anything right. Maybe that's true, but I'd rather lose trying than having to put Vincent in because Coley decided to channel his inner Oscar Meyer and try to run a high school offense.

You'd rather hit sit in the pocket with that ol.

They were talking on espn radio about this other day, percentages are higher for a qb to get hurt in the pocket than off a zone read. You can at least see the hit coming in must cases and can prepare for contact .

Nothing is more dangerous than sitting in the pocket behind our ol.

Advertisement
Sherriff is behind Rosier I think.

Maybe this week we can actually use zone read and qb designed runs instead of dropping a dual threat guy back every play. At least give the kid a chance out there .

The team physicians will make decision by Friday. I'm still hopeful.

it doesnt matter if kayaa plays. we have the 112th "best" rushing offense in the nation. all they have to do is blitz every down and we are ****ed.

Advertisement

Are you serious?

Lots of low risk throws.

You'd rather hit sit in the pocket with that ol.

They were talking on espn radio about this other day, percentages are higher for a qb to get hurt in the pocket than off a zone read. You can at least see the hit coming in must cases and can prepare for contact .

Nothing is more dangerous than sitting in the pocket behind our ol.

Dude. I don't want him sitting in the pocket. How many times do I have to say it until you finally get it? I want him to hand the ******* ball off and get the **** out of the way. It's not rocket science.

Sherriff is behind Rosier I think.

Maybe this week we can actually use zone read and qb designed runs instead of dropping a dual threat guy back every play. At least give the kid a chance out there .

Doubt they want to burn his shirt for this waste of a season. I think it's Vincent.

Am I the only oerson that don't even think Kayaa has a concussion?. I saw the hit and saw his reaction after..an I instantly didn't think he was concussed considering the anger he showed on the sideline. When I had a slight concussion I definitely wasn't moving around like him or knowledgable enough to react the way he did..kind of had this glazed reaction.

But this "technology" we have is so advance they can see concussions in the future. Honestly I just thought they tried to save him for the coastal run and the beating Clemson would give. Now I think they figure they can beat duke without him..rosier looked bad against Clemson..excited to see him this week because this is make or break for him as far as chances go

I agree with you. It didn't look bad at all. Also, Kaaya was walking around with his helmet in his hands - and not looking the least bit concussed. Don't they usually take your hat away if you are concussed? Something about it just doesn't smell right. Although I admit they are super cautious about these things now.

Am I the only oerson that don't even think Kayaa has a concussion?. I saw the hit and saw his reaction after..an I instantly didn't think he was concussed considering the anger he showed on the sideline. When I had a slight concussion I definitely wasn't moving around like him or knowledgable enough to react the way he did..kind of had this glazed reaction.

But this "technology" we have is so advance they can see concussions in the future. Honestly I just thought they tried to save him for the coastal run and the beating Clemson would give. Now I think they figure they can beat duke without him..rosier looked bad against Clemson..excited to see him this week because this is make or break for him as far as chances go

I agree with you. It didn't look bad at all. Also, Kaaya was walking around with his helmet in his hands - and not looking the least bit concussed. Don't they usually take your hat away if you are concussed? Something about it just doesn't smell right. Although I admit they are super cautious about these things now.
This post got me thinking and I went and watched the video and holy crap! He barely even got hit. Kaaya has taken worse hits than that before and kept playing. Something seems fishy to me as well...with a real concussion you can barely move afterwards. Maybe it just wasn't a bad one. I bet if the game was close he would've kept playing...

Advertisement
Back