Brad unlikely to play Saturday!

mhkemh

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Brad Kaaya unlikely to play on Saturday

October 28 09:04 AM

Miami-FL quarterback Brad Kaaya suffered a concussion in last week's game. He is still dealing with the after effects and has not been able to watch film. He reportedly hinted to backup Malik Rosier that he does not expect to play this week vs. Duke.

Advertisement
Maybe this week we can actually use zone read and qb designed runs instead of dropping a dual threat guy back every play. At least give the kid a chance out there .

Leave him home and let him get right. We already got rid of Al, no need to sacrifice our starting QB for this game.

This sucks...all of the news post-AG firing has been horrible.

I for one hope that we can pull together and at least put up a respectable performance...the anchor has been removed

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fraulden's dark Halloween shadow casts its pall on the Canes.

Duke 60
Canes 0

Maybe this week we can actually use zone read and qb designed runs instead of dropping a dual threat guy back every play. At least give the kid a chance out there .

Who is behind Rosier? Vincent Testaverde? Yeah, I'm not sure that exposing the backup QB by running him is such a good idea. Bring in another TE and a FB, line up in the I, and try to run it down their throats. If we can't do that against Duke, we're ****ed anyway.

Let the kid get better. He is our best hope for Butch's first year. Last thing kid deserves is getting another concussion and dropping in the draft as a risk.

The biggest thing we have going for us is that Duke's coach is not preparing for Al AGAIN. Maybe the OC and DC will throw some crap out there and surprise him. You know, like attacking the backfield by letting the big dog hunt, smacking WRs off the line. Or maybe making a play on ST. Al is control freak so there is a chance that Mark and Coley show up different this week. Mark in particular is fighting to stay in coaching. Al will never be able to piggyback him again, so dude needs to show it was all Al's fault. Coley, well I have less hope he has anything in him but more bubble screens. Clearly running read options is about only hope. I don't like it but Duke doesn't have any film on us using it so might work.

Advertisement
Hey, Pete, you have Kaaya's ear(assuming the Golden band is gone). I saw him say that Golden was the one guy who gave him his shot. That's true, but make sure he knows that most of us get behind him early, watching him his senior year and pulling for him still. Kid needs to understand being a Cane gives you extended family(okay not all family is pleasant) and not just one coach. While some here questioned and even disliked him, most of us continue to think his is our best hope and can get it all done with better coaches.

Advertisement

Who is behind Rosier? Vincent Testaverde? Yeah, I'm not sure that exposing the backup QB by running him is such a good idea. Bring in another TE and a FB, line up in the I, and try to run it down their throats. If we can't do that against Duke, we're ****ed anyway.

So you'd rather him sit in the pocket behind a bad ol? Your injury odds are far higher , at least on designed runs you see what's in front of you and can prepare for impact . His strength is his legs, use them. Not sitting him in the pocket as a sitting duck, getting blasted by unblocked DL with a head of steam.

You play to a kids strength , not his weakness. That's been part of the problem here , setting these kids up for failure .

A 2 man rush left our QB concussed. If I'm Alex Gall I would be ashamed of myself.

Gall getting most of the hate for it but Kc McDermott got beat pretty bad on that play.

McDermott got beat to the inside..where he should have help but gall, Linder, the other guard were on the inside blocking ghost. He had no help at all...I don't even know what fall was looking at before he came to help. Our guards have done it all year to..330 pd dudes that can't even help on a pass pro..watch what opposing teams guards do to our dts on double teams I mean straight kill them..we don't even get guys on the ground

Funny bcuz we run zone read with Kayaa all the time LULZ

Gotta love this coaching staff

Advertisement
Back