Brad Kakaaya - Pro Football Focus Info

Ghandi

Junior
It's for College Football Fantasy (didn't know that it was that popular), but here it is.

I don't disagree with much, but the fact that they had 3 NFL OL up there blocking and he was still that bad should tell you how ****** the play-calling was. I know we've seen articles on that from different angles, but this is a little bit of a different perspective.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/06/07/college-fantasy-football-preview-acc-qbs/

QB Brad Kaaya – Miami Hurricanes

The Hurricanes have been attempting to speed up the pace of the offense since the arrival of HC Al Golden. After two years of failing to pick-up-the-pace, he hired James Coley as his new offensive coordinator, who made similar tempo-improvement assurances. The pro-style scheme has failed thus far to meet those expectations and will, no doubt, be looking to do the same during the coming season.

Kaaya was good at times and literally dreadful at others during his true-freshman campaign. He posted a CFF overall-grade (-16.0) that placed him 75th and a passing-specific grade (-15.5) ranked 70th out 107 qualified. The offensive line did a great job preventing pressure on their quarterback (25.1 percent P%) but Kaaya didn’t return the favor by recognizing the imminent pressure (20.6 percent S%). Kaaya was statistically uncomfortable facing pressure as evidenced by a drop in QBR from 106.2 QBR2.5 to 80.4 QBR2.6 and subsequent plummet in an already-low completion percentage (58.3 to 34.6%).

Considering the team is forced to replace CFFs three highest-graded pass blocking offensive linemen from last season (Ereck Flowers, Jon Feliciano, and Shane McDermott), Kaaya could be in for a rough year without improvements. The 26 passing touchdowns were impressive, but he will also be without vertical-monster Phillip Dorsett and productive tight end Clive Walford. Miami is gifted with a quality group of returning receivers with Stacey Coley, Herb Waters, Malcolm Lewis, Braxton Berrios, as well as tight end Standish Dobard.

Bottom Line: As difficult as it may be, avoid drafting Kaaya. Many better options exist that are in better situations and bring less baggage.

Advertisement
It's for College Football Fantasy (didn't know that it was that popular), but here it is.

I don't disagree with much, but the fact that they had 3 NFL OL up there blocking and he was still that bad should tell you how ****ty the play-calling was. I know we've seen articles on that from different angles, but this is a little bit of a different perspective.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/06/07/college-fantasy-football-preview-acc-qbs/

QB Brad Kaaya – Miami Hurricanes

The Hurricanes have been attempting to speed up the pace of the offense since the arrival of HC Al Golden. After two years of failing to pick-up-the-pace, he hired James Coley as his new offensive coordinator, who made similar tempo-improvement assurances. The pro-style scheme has failed thus far to meet those expectations and will, no doubt, be looking to do the same during the coming season.

Kaaya was good at times and literally dreadful at others during his true-freshman campaign. He posted a CFF overall-grade (-16.0) that placed him 75th and a passing-specific grade (-15.5) ranked 70th out 107 qualified. The offensive line did a great job preventing pressure on their quarterback (25.1 percent P%) but Kaaya didn’t return the favor by recognizing the imminent pressure (20.6 percent S%). Kaaya was statistically uncomfortable facing pressure as evidenced by a drop in QBR from 106.2 QBR2.5 to 80.4 QBR2.6 and subsequent plummet in an already-low completion percentage (58.3 to 34.6%).

Considering the team is forced to replace CFFs three highest-graded pass blocking offensive linemen from last season (Ereck Flowers, Jon Feliciano, and Shane McDermott), Kaaya could be in for a rough year without improvements. The 26 passing touchdowns were impressive, but he will also be without vertical-monster Phillip Dorsett and productive tight end Clive Walford. Miami is gifted with a quality group of returning receivers with Stacey Coley, Herb Waters, Malcolm Lewis, Braxton Berrios, as well as tight end Standish Dobard.

Bottom Line: As difficult as it may be, avoid drafting Kaaya. Many better options exist that are in better situations and bring less baggage.

I used to play CFB fantasy when they first stared back in the now. its paid. it was way more fun because points were based off weak and strong opponents and performances. so if Duke Johnson would be going against FAMU he would get half the points then if he was going against FSU.

Fantasy college football, huh? Talk about overanalyzing. Kaaya had some good o lineman last year, but the teams we play lost some good d lineman as well. It's all relative. I'll take him any day.

Fantasy college football, huh? Talk about overanalyzing. Kaaya had some good o lineman last year, but the teams we play lost some good d lineman as well. It's all relative. I'll take him any day.

We lost Duke Johnson, but every other team lost a linebacker.

EVEN STEVEN

Advertisement
Cody Kessler, Treyvone Boykin, and Jared Goff are the Qbs you want to draft in Fantasy.

The starting tOSU Qb would also be one, but it's kinda risky drafting one, without knowing which will start.

It seems they forgot the part that he had to digest an entire playbook in a few months and become the teams starting qb three months removed from HS .

Am I sold on kaaya ? No but if he fails its not gonna be because of any of the numbers this fantasy football dweeb is crunching .

Advertisement
That was very, very hard to read. What the **** is the "pick up the pace" offence they speak of? He didn't go out and get Coley for that, he got Coley because Fisch got an NFL OC job, and Coley is known to recruit well. Man, whoever wrote that needs their head examined. Kaaya never looked dreadful. At his worst moments he looked like a pretty good true freshman. At his best, a surefire NFL prospect. Stupid, stupid writeup.

suckometer.gif

Advertisement
Article put some words behind their metrics. Metrics are fun. I'm definitely interesting in seeing more of those numbers (and their methods of forming them) from last year and other years past.

Some of you guys on here have surpassed fandom and homerism to evolve into some mythical clown persona online.

Except for the pace, everything he said about Kaakaya is right. Inefficient and brutal under pressure - just like any TFr QB who came in May of his Fr year should look.

There are two things from that article people should take into heavy consideration:

1- he's going to be missing the stellar protection he had as well the majority of his weapons.
2- he'll improve, but more than likely be worse off because of the lack of support.

6-8 wins girls. No more than that.

Article put some words behind their metrics. Metrics are fun. I'm definitely interesting in seeing more of those numbers (and their methods of forming them) from last year and other years past.

Click on the link. The stat had a hyperlink that takes you to how they form the metric.

On the NFL side, they do a great job of analyzing trends and next level data and metrics.

Advertisement

Click on the link. The stat had a hyperlink that takes you to how they form the metric.

On the NFL side, they do a great job of analyzing trends and next level data and metrics.

Thank you, sir.

The OL we have this year scares the **** out of me, Kaaya could very well be better this year and put up worse numbers because he has no protection.

Kayaa is going to be the man this year. The oline is questionable. but practicing against what should be the best Dline in the ACC and maybe the country will elevate the oline play.

By any measure he had a great season for joining the team when he did. He's a pocket passer, not a runner so having happy feet as a tFr is completely understandable when your 18 and trying to diagnose defenses. There's No metric for taking for his poise as a tFr, he was great in proper context.

Advertisement
Back