Brad Kakaaya - Pro Football Focus Info

what was Miami's ranking in plays per game? that article is off. Miami has been attempting to slow the tempo to improve the HC butt buddies stats

Advertisement
Hey, Kaaya is ours. Like him, thought he played about as well as could for a true freshman and, at this point, like his potential going forward. So if Pro Football Focus or some analytic geeks don't like him - well, too bad.

By any measure he had a great season for joining the team when he did. He's a pocket passer, not a runner so having happy feet as a tFr is completely understandable when your 18 and trying to diagnose defenses. There's No metric for taking for his poise as a tFr, he was great in proper context.

The poise metric, which is one of the major negatives against Kaaya is the completion % and efficiency under pressure. It was on the 70's out of 103 teams scouted and measured.

He's not good under pressure, or poised at all in that respect.

Advertisement
Anyone remember the pass he completed to Duke with the guy right in his face? Yeah, he's trash under pressure. For the record, EVERY QB is better when they aren't under pressure. Young QBs are coached to either eat the ball or throw it away, anything but throw costly INTs. I think Kaaya did that just fine.

More geek-made pseudo stats that make productive players appear to be unproductive and unproductive players appear to be productive.

I knew right away the dopey nerds who concocted those idiotic statistical measure were clueless when they started yammering about our "hurry up" approach on offense. We were the polar opposite of hurry up last year.

Exactly. The article started with a fizzle and ended with... did I even read it to the end? My mind blocked out most of what they had to say after hearing about our hurry up offence. What a joke.
More geek-made pseudo stats that make productive players appear to be unproductive and unproductive players appear to be productive.

I knew right away the dopey nerds who concocted those idiotic statistical measure were clueless when they started yammering about our "hurry up" approach on offense. We were the polar opposite of hurry up last year.

Lol yep. We waited until 1 second on the play clock before snapping the ball on most downs (to protect Dorito), but sure, we are a "hurry up" offense

Advertisement
The Hurricanes have been attempting to speed up the pace of the offense since the arrival of HC Al Golden.

Huh?

Yeah, huh? LOL! I saw an offense that tried to eat up as much clock as possible, as if they were trying to hold the opponents score down. Our second half offense played the clock like we were ahead, when we were getting blown out.

Was I THAT drunk for the games?

This year we SHOULD see a hurry up offence, we really should. Score fast, and a lot, then let the D pin their ears back and attack. What we WILL see is more of the same.

Advertisement
Back