Brad Kaaya's Biggest Area of Improvement?

kev13108

Junior
Premium
What would you guys say he's improved upon most from last year to this year? Where do you think he needs the most improvement?

In the 3 games so far this year I'd say his footwork in the pocket/ pocket presence has improved leaps and bounds.

On the flip side I would say he needs to improve upon making throws when he's flushed out of the pocket. He looks very uncomfortable outside the pocket.

Advertisement
Footwork for sure. And I agree, his biggest weaknesses are the deep ball and throwing on the run. He had a few "easy" TD passes he missed against Nebraska.

Could someone show me these deep balls that he is missing while standing in the pocket...... I think him throwing on the move is getting confused with an in the pocket throw ...

Advertisement
Could someone show me these deep balls that he is missing while standing in the pocket...... I think him throwing on the move is getting confused with an in the pocket throw ...

One he threw to Brady was completed but not very good. However I agree with u, I don't see anything wrong with his deep ball from the pocket.

His underthrow was pretty bad, the pass to Brady was completed, but not well at all. I'm not saying his deep ball is terrible, he's just so good that is one of his weaknesses still compared to everything else. Throwing on the run is his worst perk hands down though.

One he threw to Brady was completed but not very good. However I agree with u, I don't see anything wrong with his deep ball from the pocket.
Oh ok I understand but on that throw I think it was the position Brady took to catch the over the shoulder pass, he made it harder on himself trying to track down the ball in the air .... Of course Kayaa needs to continue to work on all things QB related but we have a very good QB so far

He has been very good this year. I want to see the completion percentage go up to at least 65% though

Advertisement

Oh ok I understand but on that throw I think it was the position Brady took to catch the over the shoulder pass, he made it harder on himself trying to track down the ball in the air .... Of course Kayaa needs to continue to work on all things QB related but we have a very good QB so far

I'm not watching the play right now, but I believe he easily could've had led Brady a lot more downfield and had an easy TD and there was another pass or two that he could have led guys in for the score, but was just off slightly.

He's missed badly on several ocassions with the chance to cold **** both Golden and Dono, rendering them out for the rest of the season.

Still needs to work on his lower body and his quickness in and around the pocket. Over the next 1-2 years, it'll be his biggest issue to resolve for scouts. If he can continue to get stronger and more flexible, it'll improve with his accuracy on the run and in the face of pressure. He's unlikely to ever be Aaron Rodgers, but he can definitely continue to improve. Should be interesting to watch.

Still needs to work on his lower body and his quickness in and around the pocket. Over the next 1-2 years, it'll be his biggest issue to resolve for scouts. If he can continue to get stronger and more flexible, it'll improve with his accuracy on the run and in the face of pressure. He's unlikely to ever be Aaron Rodgers, but he can definitely continue to improve. Should be interesting to watch.
Rodgers is one of the most athletic qbs to play in the NFL at a high level for a sustained time. Not many can do what he does tbh. So the same criticism can be said about other qbs who are in college as well. Kaaya is however a special talent, remember he just completed his first spring training as a Miami hurricane so he will improve over time.

Advertisement
Rodgers is one of the most athletic qbs to play in the NFL at a high level for a sustained time. Not many can do what he does tbh. So the same criticism can be said about other qbs who are in college as well. Kaaya is however a special talent, remember he just completed his first spring training as a Miami hurricane so he will improve over time.

That was my point. It wasn't a criticism.

He supposedly lost all this weight so he would be quicker but I still don't see it.

His dropbacks from under center were molasses last season and that coupled with a thin O line is probably why we are stuck in this weak Pistol/Shotgun offense.

He supposedly lost all this weight so he would be quicker but I still don't see it.

His dropbacks from under center were molasses last season and that coupled with a thin O line is probably why we are stuck in this weak Pistol/Shotgun offense.

He may have lost bad weight but he's definitely put on muscle. I've seen him walking around campus a few times and was surprised at how big he was every time I saw him

Advertisement
I'm no fan of "dual threat" QB's but sometimes I wonder if kids like Kaaya that have been around private QB coaches/gurus from a younger age sometimes end up focusing on so many other things that they end up losing some development when it comes to mobility. Or it could be that kids that can afford (or are afforded) that type of tutelage were never going to be that mobile to begin with. Nonetheless, the one glaring weakness with Kaaya is that he makes Brock Berlin look like Cam Newton when it comes to moving anywhere outside the pocket.

What would you guys say he's improved upon most from last year to this year? Where do you think he needs the most improvement?

In the 3 games so far this year I'd say his footwork in the pocket/ pocket presence has improved leaps and bounds.

On the flip side I would say he needs to improve upon making throws when he's flushed out of the pocket. He looks very uncomfortable outside the pocket.

coaches

I don't think he's that bad with his movement, he just doesn't utilize it as much and he's terrible throwing it on the run. He'll graduate to that hopefully. Any QB coach worth his weight in salt can teach his QB to steal critical 1st downs against teams in man coverage underneath. Ben McAdoo even has Eli freaking Manning running for first downs.

Advertisement
Back