Brad Kaaya

...and do date CANNOT win the big or away games.

You just described Al Golden to a "T". Who, not coincidentally, Kaaya was saddled with on the sidelines for every game he ever played. Unlike Rosier, who's never had the pleasure.

...nor did Rosier experience the fun of playing behind crappy (but rested) O linemen who were constantly rotated in by Alfalfa, whether they could block or not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The jury is still out.

Golden is gone so we better see his 6-10 record against Power 5 teams (including Cincinnati) improve.

He needs to improve 3rd down efficiency, red zone scoring, the command of the offense, and win some more games. You guys crowning a 6-10 quarterback that has been surrounded by NFL talent? Why did we like Dorsey so much? Because he won.

Why were these guys drafted so high: Mariotta, Winston, Bortles, Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater - because they won. It's pretty simple. He just has to start winning more. What better time than now that Golden is gone.

Rosier would be one of the worst starting QBs in the power five conferences. If he never sees the field again, we're lucky.

Rosier would be one of the worst starting QBs in the power five conferences. If he never sees the field again, we're lucky.

You're smokin rocks cuz.

Rosier is heads and shoulders ahead of Kaaya in every aspect of QB play.

WTF games are you watching or do you just have an agenda?

Brad, it looks like you follow every post I write about Kaaya. You must be madly in love with the guy. What I do know Brock is the kid DOES NOT throw the long ball accurately and do date CANNOT win the big or away games. These are undisputable FACTS Brock. On the other hand, why not gave Rosier a shot at much more playing time because the kid has potential too. The only one is tripping is you because COMPETITION is healthy and the jury is still out on Brad. Comprende or maybe you are just a Democrat and are frightened of competition.

You realize that every one of the games you are using as a gauge for Kaaya were coached by Al Golden, right? How about taking a look at Kaaya in this new environment before you go raising Rosier to a status above him?

Advertisement

You're smokin rocks cuz.

I think it's YOU who has the agenda here. Like I just posted, how about letting Kaaya play "Golden-free" football for at least a game dude...good lord.

You're smokin rocks cuz.

I think it's YOU who has the agenda here. Like I just posted, how about letting Kaaya play "Golden-free" football for at least a game dude...good lord.

In the end the problem with Kaaya is his footspeed. It's atrocious. No corching in the world is going to fix it.

They tried to make him lose 20lbs or whatever in the off season thinking it would somehow give him quicktwitch muscle fibers.

It didn't.

He's too slow to put under center and he panics like a little kid anytime the pocket isn't perfect. I know people don't like to hear the truth sometimes but fvck it.

You're smokin rocks cuz.

In the end the problem with Kaaya is his footspeed. It's atrocious. No corching in the world is going to fix it.

They tried to make him lose 20lbs or whatever in the off season thinking it would somehow give him quicktwitch muscle fibers.

It didn't.

He's too slow to put under center and he panics like a little kid anytime the pocket isn't perfect. I know people don't like to hear the truth sometimes but fvck it.

CD has very valid points, like it or not. The difference is Dorsey had an All-Pro line protecting him and Brad has a Pop Warner little kids OL getting him killed. With the terrible OL we have, a nimble running QB is going to have better success. With that said, I only want Kaaya playing today if he is 110% healthy, because our OL may get him hammered again today and he would be for sure out at UNC. We need him more next week than today. By the way, if you remember Dorsey wasn't at all "fleet of foot".

Last edited:

You're smokin rocks cuz.

It didn't.

CD has very valid points, like it or not. The difference is Dorsey had an All-Pro line protecting him and Brad has a Pop Warner little kids OL getting him killed. With the terrible OL we have, a nimble running QB is going to have better success. With that said, I only want Kaaya playing today if he is 110% healthy, because our OL may get him hammered again today and he would be for sure out at UNC. We need him more next week than today. By the way, if you remember Dorsey wasn't at all "fleet of foot".

Go watch some tape on Dorsey. That kid could BAIL OUT from under center. His 5 and 7 step drops were things of beauty!

Kaaya on the other hand looks like Wyche trying to do even a 5 step drop from under center.

Advertisement
saying Rosier is heads ahead of Kayaa has to be the dumbest thing I have seen. Yes Rosier played well, but Kayaa has played great for a year and a half. I won't discredit Rosier, but Kayaa is our best QB hands down!

saying Rosier is heads ahead of Kayaa has to be the dumbest thing I have seen. Yes Rosier played well, but Kayaa has played great for a year and a half. I won't discredit Rosier, but Kayaa is our best QB hands down!

This is my opinion as well

Define "great". Because obviously yours and my definitions of that word are significantly different.

I like kaaya but the Dorsey comparison is innacurate. Remember Dorsey's first few starts when Kenny kelly went down? Dorsey weighed about 180 but managed to survive behind an ok line. He had a good drop and was mobile when needed (which was rarely). The biggest thing about Dorsey was not lack of speed but that he didn't weigh over 200 lbs until his senior year and was a full 6'5".

Advertisement
Go watch some tape on Dorsey. That kid could BAIL OUT from under center. His 5 and 7 step drops were things of beauty!

Kaaya on the other hand looks like Wyche trying to do even a 5 step drop from under center.

Oh Lord, don't get that image stuck in my head.

You're smokin rocks cuz.

No agenda, just simple things like eyes and a basic knowledge of football.

Advertisement
I like kaaya but the Dorsey comparison is innacurate. Remember Dorsey's first few starts when Kenny kelly went down? Dorsey weighed about 180 but managed to survive behind an ok line. He had a good drop and was mobile when needed (which was rarely). The biggest thing about Dorsey was not lack of speed but that he didn't weigh over 200 lbs until his senior year and was a full 6'5".

CD is trying to compare a quarterback with the best team around him in the history of college football, to a QB with a below average offensive line along with the rest of the team, he's crazy. Dorsey would do no better than Kaaya if he was playing now, maybe worse because his deep ball was limited. Kaaya is already blowing away his early #'s. Kaaya has head and shoulders more potential than Dorsey at the next level. That being said, is Kaaya starting today? The line is down to 6 and it opened at 7.5.

Last edited by a moderator:

You're smokin rocks cuz.

I've read some dumb takes on this board....but, this one is gonna be tough to beat

Advertisement
Back