Brad Kaaya

Love this kid's film, let's hope he commits soon. I expect UCLA and Stanford to eventually offer, let's see if his Miami love holds through that.

I think the UM love is real but to say that he will show interest in other schools especially the ones on his coast is very understandable. Long trip away, he will feel comfortable there but the bond is much tighter with UM so the love is real but where will he feel most comfortable

Advertisement
That's why daFetus jones committed from the womb...

Duke wasnt the first cane to commit in his class, I don't hear anyone Questioning his loyalties.. Who cares whether he commits now or in september?

I show love to Griffin and Corn and they committed after NSD but nobody will talk about that. Yes, I know they both got offered late but at least they still came after really focusing on the recruiting scene and being sure

We diss kids if they commit and then look around because of influx of interest from other schools (e.g Alin Edouard). And when kids look around before committing to us, to make sure they made the right decision, we still diss them too.
These kids are in no win situation.
Give it a break guys. Duke Johnson' type comes around once every 10 years or so.

Manuel going in the first round, and being recruited by Coleyl; gives Coley instant credibility with an QB recruit.

Advertisement
"I ONLY want UM guys. ONLY."

"Who are 'UM guys'?"

"!?! Cane card revoked SON."

"What? What is that?"

"WE HIRED JAMES COLEY!!!! WAHOOOOOO WHAOOOOOO!!!!"

Manuel going in the first round, and being recruited by Coleyl; gives Coley instant credibility with an QB recruit.

Not to mention Coley Coached Christian Ponder was drafted in the 1st round by the Vikings in 2011, so Coley has coached 2 first rounders so far. You would think that would help sell some kids, but we will see. An as some of have pointed I agree its better to commit an be sold about it as a QB, but don't drag it out. do your due diligence sit down with your parents, coaches, or whomever you trust and do a SWOT analysis then pull the trigger,

Go Canes

Not to mention Coley Coached Christian Ponder was drafted in the 1st round by the Vikings in 2011, so Coley has coached 2 first rounders so far. You would think that would help sell some kids, but we will see. An as some of have pointed I agree its better to commit an be sold about it as a QB, but don't drag it out. do your due diligence sit down with your parents, coaches, or whomever you trust and do a SWOT analysis then pull the trigger,

Go Canes
Also, he can say that since Fisher called the plays that he held them back because people criticized both qbs that they didn't deserve to be top picks but Coley coaching him as much as he did helped like crazy

Go Canes

Was Coley the QB Coach in 2010?

I get that he "coached" them, but was he the QB coach?

Advertisement

Go Canes

He was the FSU OC & TE coach from 2010 - 2012 So I would say yes he hard a significant hand in both QB's development.

Go Canes!

Go Canes

He was the FSU OC & TE coach from 2010 - 2012 So I would say yes he hard a significant hand in both QB's development.

Go Canes!

Are you unable to answer a question directly?

Was he the QB coach for Ponder? I get that he coached the offense, I am just asking a question. No tricks.

I'm a huge fan of Kaaya. Reading his articles/interviews with other team sites, he does seem like he wants to play on the West coast. If Coley can get this commit and make it stick it would be impressive.

I think you guys re overrating players recruiting players. I'd a player you've never met before who's from the other side of country attempts to recruit you, it won't really have that much effect. Especially if theyre a kid you dont really know. (No knock on Kaaya). Who would Jabrill Peppers listen to first, Joystick Yearby or Kaaya? Being recruited by kids you grew up with, having a family member push you to a school, or a coach is much more important.

Advertisement
I guess Coley could sell kids on coaching 1st rounders but I have always seen people give Jimbo the credit for the QB's the good and the bad.

Go Canes

Go Canes!

Was he the QB coach for Ponder? I get that he coached the offense, I am just asking a question. No tricks.

His bio really doesnt tell you in detail what he did. It says TE/OC starting in 2010. Ponder was drafted in 2011. If he did coach Ponder it was for 2010-2011.

Advertisement

Go Canes

Go Canes!

What tricks are involved I directly answered your question he was not the QB Coach, Dameyune Craig was the QB coach & Recruiting coordinator. If you don't like someones answers or don't understand just say so do not accuse them of Tricks, especially after they answered your question in Detail. I said Coley had a significant hand in developing both QB's as would any OC, but did I list QB coach as his title during that period no I didn't so where is the trick?

But lets bring the topic back to the OP this is about Brad Kaaya being UM's next QB commit.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Go Canes!

What tricks are involved I directly answered your question he was not the QB Coach, Dameyune Craig was the QB coach & Recruiting coordinator. If you don't like someones answers or don't understand just say so do not accuse them of Tricks, especially after they answered your question in Detail. I said Coley had a significant hand in developing both QB's as would any OC, but did I list QB coach as his title during that period no I didn't so where is the trick?

But lets bring the topic back to the OP this is about Brad Kaaya being UM's next QB commit.

Go Canes

Classic Paranoid. I ask a direct question WHICH I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER and you are unable to answer.

The question posed was "Was Coley the QB Coach in 2010?"

YES OR NO. I guess the answer is No.

Advertisement
Back