Brad Kaaya

Love this kid's film, let's hope he commits soon. I expect UCLA and Stanford to eventually offer, let's see if his Miami love holds through that.

Well if Stanford offers, he would be stupid to go anywhere else.

I totally agree, he would be able to get one of the best educations in the world and still play high level football close to home. I want him to be a Cane, but I would understand if he goes to Stanford.

yup can't pass up Stanford if your a good recruit that values education and life after football..

Advertisement
This dude's working UM like a cheap prostitute working some hard-up loser. He's waiting for a Stanford or UCLA offer. Seems pretty clear. Actions speak louder than words.

He wants the offers, but that doesn't mean he wants to take them. It's a matter of pride. Same thing with Eduoard. I have no doubt Eduoard wants to go to Miami, but he also wants to be treated like the five-star quarterback he never was.

Coley always says that he likes to offer kids before anyone else, and I think that will save him here. Kaaya knows that the coaches love him and have a vision for him.

That's the key here. Kaaya seems like a thoughtful kid who looks at situations realistically. Even if he's better than the highly-rated quarterback he goes in with at UCLA or Stanford, he still might not play. Ask Cam Newton or Joe Flacco. It's pretty obvious that Golden and Coley have a conviction on this guy and I think he recognizes the opportunity here.

He doesn't stand any better chance playing here than he does at Stanford. Al will bring in as good or better QBs than Stanford does.

I'm a "deeds not words" guy. If he is all UM, then he should commit to UM. He's got the offer. Taking the UM offer won't stop him from getting other offers or getting recruited by other schools if that's what he's looking for. In fact, it'll probably HELP him, as it has the wishy washy dude from Hialeah who is already "committed". The fact that he's not committed tells me that he's waiting for an offer from a school in his neck of the woods that he likes. That's all.

Love this kid's film, let's hope he commits soon. I expect UCLA and Stanford to eventually offer, let's see if his Miami love holds through that.

I totally agree, he would be able to get one of the best educations in the world and still play high level football close to home. I want him to be a Cane, but I would understand if he goes to Stanford.

yup can't pass up Stanford if your a good recruit that values education and life after football..

Limp.

Advertisement
This kid is my favorite UM QB recruit since Bridgewater. His commitment would be enormous and a credit to Coach Coley for acting fast.

Why are you so high on him? I am as well, just curious as to what you are seeing.

It's his field vision. The guy looks people off and goes through his progressions at an incredible rate for such a young and inexperienced player. He also does a great job of moving in the pocket (albeit with great protection). His size looks more than good enough and he's accurate.

To me, he's an ascendant player that we got at the right time. His game (and these are only highlights, not game film) shows a lot of the same qualities as classic Canes QBs like Walsh and Dorsey. Throw in his outstanding academics, and it's easy to get excited about this guy running the show.

I was extremely impressed. He seemed to make every kind of throw with ease.

Limp.

I love The University of Miami, but anyone who says Stanford is "just another school" is just being myopic.
Stanford is one of the best, if not the best, academic schools in the world. Not just in America. The entire world.
I know many companies that will only talk to you if you have graduated from one of 5 schools, and Stanford is always one of them.
The cruel fact of college athletics is that only a very small percentage of athletes in all sports will be able to make a living playing that sport after they graduate.
The degree is very important for life after sports, and a degree from Stanford, like a degree from Harvard, and in some fields much more so than an Ivy League degree, will get you in normally barred doors.

Limp.

I love The University of Miami, but anyone who says Stanford is "just another school" is just being myopic.
Stanford is one of the best, if not the best, academic schools in the world. Not just in America. The entire world.
I know many companies that will only talk to you if you have graduated from one of 5 schools, and Stanford is always one of them.
The cruel fact of college athletics is that only a very small percentage of athletes in all sports will be able to make a living playing that sport after they graduate.
The degree is very important for life after sports, and a degree from Stanford, like a degree from Harvard, and in some fields much more so than an Ivy League degree, will get you in normally barred doors.

OK. It's still limp. If this dude was looking to invent the next Fakebook, then, yeah, I'm with you guys on Stanford. He's looking to play football, and I'll be damned if I will ever concede a football recruit to fugging Stanford.

I wonder if Bama fans feel like it should be a lay down if one of their football recruits gets tapped by mighty Stanford. I doubt it. They'll think the dude should pick their school. UM fans need to quit being so ficking soft. #Yikes.

Limp.

OK. It's still limp. If this dude was looking to invent the next Fakebook, then, yeah, I'm with you guys on Stanford. He's looking to play football, and I'll be damned if I will ever concede a football recruit to fugging Stanford.

I wonder if Bama fans feel like it should be a lay down if one of their football recruits gets tapped by mighty Stanford. I doubt it. They'll think the dude should pick their school. UM fans need to quit being so ficking soft. #Yikes.

Nobody's saying if a recruit gets an offer from Stanford, then Miami should just bail.
I'm just saying I can understand a West Coast kid picking Stanford over Miami. Same as I could understand if a kid from anywhere picked a full ride from Harvard over an offer from Florida.
If you, as a recruit, objectively believe you have a pro future, then you should pick a big football school like Miami. The flip side of Miami is that you get a great education.
On the other hand, if you believe you have the makings of a good college player, but are not pro material, then you should pick the best academic school that offers you. If Stanford offers you, then take it. It's a life decision, not a football one.
In the real world a degree from a top 50 school is nice, but a degree from an internationally recognized top 5 school raises every eyebrow.

Advertisement
Utah and Washington coaches visited Brad Kaaya yesterday, so things are heating up in the Kaaya house I am sure if earlier reports where accurate that his mom wants him on the West Coast. UM needs to close this one out.

Go Canes

Limp.

He might not want to create Facebook, but he might want to pursue a degree that will yield him a lot of money in the future. Andre Luck earned his degree in architecture and became the first overall pick. Getting an architecture degree from Stanford could lead to more money than the average pro football salary. No one is laying down to Standford, we just understand that this is a west coast kid that that might want to stay close to home and get a world class degree in the process. Stop being so close minded.

Limp.

He might not want to create Facebook, but he might want to pursue a degree that will yield him a lot of money in the future. Andre Luck earned his degree in architecture and became the first overall pick. Getting an architecture degree from Stanford could lead to more money than the average pro football salary. No one is laying down to Standford, we just understand that this is a west coast kid that that might want to stay close to home and get a world class degree in the process. Stop being so close minded.

If you want to create Facebook, you go to Harvard and you steal a project invented by somebody else in school there. You initially make them partners, but you buy 'em out cheaply then just generally ***** them, just like Zuckerberg did.

Jobs and Wozniak, and Bill Gates, all stole a lot of their stuff from somebody else.

The last group didn't do it at college, they did their stealing while they were starting up their businesses.

For pure academics, it's hard to pass up Stanford. We've beatn the top schools for kids before, like Joaquin Gonzales, but if I were in the parents' shoes, I wouldn't let the kid do it.

Now for Bama, that's a different story. How many of their neanderthals even have a chance of going to a top-flight school?

Limp.

Lulz at calling folks soft and ending with #yikes or #anything.

Advertisement

Limp.

Lulz at calling folks soft and ending with #yikes or #anything.

Glad you were almost smart enough to catch the joke.

We used to dump our rejects on Stanford, like Ellery Roberts. (and Rutgers, like Tekay Dorsey, who was in the same class.)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back