Brad Kaaya - Worst Pocket Presence I've Ever Seen

The coaches have to realize what Kaaya is if they're not going to bench him.

Don't shove a square peg into a round hole.

Kaaya is only good throwing from the shotgun on plays that aren't slow developing.

Coaches have to play to his strengths.

And quit giving him the "run pass option" because he's a ***** and is going to take the easy way out.

Advertisement
Back to the topic at hand:

How is this guy so slow and terrible in the pocket? Does he not work on quickness and agility drills geared towards developing quicker feet?

He literally moves like a sloth - lead feet is an understatement, he moves around like he is strapped down to the grass

Again, I'm just in utter shock at how terrible he is within the pocket - if he has to move AT ALL, he is done for and the play is a major negative.

Do you know how limiting this is to Richt's offense as well? There are ZERO roll out play calls because he literally CANNOT roll out for his life.

The worst part? He's starting to throw his teammates under the bus - what a joke:

"We need all 11 guys doing the right thing and it starts with me," Kaaya said. "It starts with everyone else as well. … All around as an offense, everyone has to get the play, get the signal and everyone has to be on the same page. In terms of offensive football, if everyone is on the same page, that's the only way that it works."

The worst part? He's starting to throw his teammates under the bus - what a joke:

"We need all 11 guys doing the right thing and it starts with me," Kaaya said. "It starts with everyone else as well. … All around as an offense, everyone has to get the play, get the signal and everyone has to be on the same page. In terms of offensive football, if everyone is on the same page, that's the only way that it works."

This not throwing anyone under the bus..

Advertisement
He definitely has a tendency to pressure himself. He feels phantom pressure and laughably bails out of the pocket with his 17 knee braces.

He made a couple throws last night under pressure but this year he seems to crumble if he's got a tight pocket.

It has gotten progressively worse every year. Hasn't been the same in the pocket since that Clemson dline knocked him out of the game. He is scared of his oline and I can see why but sh*t,.. we got to win and richt got to stop being so predictable

I hate to say it but more than Kaaya's demeanor affecting us, it's actually Richt's.
When we stopped N.C. On 4th & goal did you see his reaction?
He was stoic looked like he was in a Haze.
The Defense has taken on Diaz's fiery personality and they're Kicking ***!!!
What happened to the OC that called plays against the first 3 opponents?
Yes the competition wasn't the same but there was a rhythm to the offense, now it's fairly predictable.
We run on first & second down and then throw for third down.
When the D knows what you're doing its kind of hard for Kaaya to squeeze passes in there

Emotionless mannequin playing QB. His demeanor is affecting the entire offense.

Advertisement
I wish I could forget the Kyle Wright era that easily.

Who cares about Wright?

Help us understand the Kaaya era and how what you have seen and commented on numerous times from practice isn't translating into games.

I think the O-line lack of pass protection in critical situations is more of an issue than Kaaya.

The O-line is so bad that they are affecting Special Teams also.

It all starts with me...very Goldenseque

Advertisement
Back to the topic at hand:

How is this guy so slow and terrible in the pocket? Does he not work on quickness and agility drills geared towards developing quicker feet?

He literally moves like a sloth - lead feet is an understatement, he moves around like he is strapped down to the grass

Again, I'm just in utter shock at how terrible he is within the pocket - if he has to move AT ALL, he is done for and the play is a major negative.

Do you know how limiting this is to Richt's offense as well? There are ZERO roll out play calls because he literally CANNOT roll out for his life.

We are playing with 10 men on O, thats how slow BK is.

I hate to say it but more than Kaaya's demeanor affecting us, it's actually Richt's.
When we stopped N.C. On 4th & goal did you see his reaction?
He was stoic looked like he was in a Haze.
The Defense has taken on Diaz's fiery personality and they're Kicking ***!!!
What happened to the OC that called plays against the first 3 opponents?
Yes the competition wasn't the same but there was a rhythm to the offense, now it's fairly predictable.
We run on first & second down and then throw for third down.
When the D knows what you're doing its kind of hard for Kaaya to squeeze passes in there

Emotionless mannequin playing QB. His demeanor is affecting the entire offense.

I'm not ready to give up on richts play calling ability

I am willing to give up on Brad kaaya though. So many awful decisions that would have made us more successful and win. Second and third reads open.

This.

That AR call should be a TD. The slants Richt is calling are good but the WR need to catch the ball. Berrios should never see the field, even on PR (this is where Bruce getting kicked off hurt us).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back