Brad kaaya on momentum podcast

I fully agree Kaaya was a much better passer and overall better QB. Rosier was an average passer at best but made a ton of plays with his feet and had the magic that year. My main point of saying we win less games was I think he played 40 games and couldn't bring us back if we were down, couldn't get an upset win, couldn't lead the guys to get the best of them. Hes got no IT factor. He reminds me of TVD.
The only team we upset in 2017 was Notre Dame though. We only had 137 yards passing that game so quarterback play wasn't the reason. I just think people give quarterbacks too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses. People blame Kaaya for not beating FSU but he literally threw for 400 yards and 3 touchdowns against them in 2015. It wasn't his fault that Miami had 20 yards total rushing on 19 carries.

Advertisement
Disagree. The offense hit its groove the last 5 games of 2016. The 2017 team averaged 5 points per game fewer, mostly due to inconsistent quarterback play. Rosier gets credit for last second wins but if he had played well the whole game, we wouldn't have needed miracle plays to beat Georgia Tech and FSU. He also threw more interceptions in 2017 than Kaaya did in 2016 and 2015 combined.
Kaaya was certainly the better QB but there is no chance we roll into the last weekend undefeated if he was our starter in ‘17.

Simply the difference in mobility between the two resulted in winning at least two games we otherwise would have lost, regardless of the fact that 99% could consider Kaaya the better player and that I hear your point about comparative talent in the close ones.

It was situational outcome, he had cement shoes and that would absolutely have resulted in losses before we even got the chance to smoke ND.

I've thought a bit about that "what if" 2017 scenario. Reality is it would've been a double-edged sword. Malik's running ability was huge in beating VT and ND. His passing issues killed us against Pitt though. Would've been the same result, albeit we're probably more competitive at the end of the season.

The only team we upset in 2017 was Notre Dame though. We only had 137 yards passing that game so quarterback play wasn't the reason. I just think people give quarterbacks too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses. People blame Kaaya for not beating FSU but he literally threw for 400 yards and 3 touchdowns against them in 2015. It wasn't his fault that Miami had 20 yards total rushing on 19 carries.
I hear you.That's a fair point

Disagree. The offense hit it's groove the last 5 games of 2016. The 2017 team averaged 5 points per game fewer, mostly due to inconsistent quarterback play. Rosier gets credit for last second wins but if he had played well the whole game, we wouldn't have needed miracle plays to beat Georgia Tech and FSU. He also threw more interceptions in 2017 than Kaaya did in 2016 and 2015 combined.
Rosier also had more chances to score in 17 because our defense pretty much led the league in turnovers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back