Brad kaaya on momentum podcast

Advertisement
any interesting tidbits?

What's up with Burns lately?
nothing crazy. said he didnt expect to be a college scholarship qb until end of his junior season, and up till that point he had always wanted to go to the army. said he did a summer camp and an overheard an unnamed Southern Cal coach say "**** no" to the question from someone else as to whether there were any Trojans-caliber players at the camp.

would have been cool to hear him describe golden vs richt (and i think he favored golden based on style of offense)

Advertisement
I always felt he went pro because of the OL and FSU knocking his teeth out. I remember one of his last pressors where he listed all of his failures. He should be 3-0 against FSU. Poor guy.

He was a f-ing warrior that game. Changed my entire opinion of him, which was he was soft. Man, what could of, should of, would of happened if he were our QB in 2017. That was a bad choice. Wish nothing but the best for him though. We've all made bad choices.

He was a f-ing warrior that game. Changed my entire opinion of him, which was he was soft. Man, what could have, should have, would have happened if he were our QB in 2017. That was a bad choice. Wish nothing but the best for him though. We've all made bad choices.
I always say the same thing but 2017 honestly took everyone by surprise…

Advertisement
I always felt he went pro because of the OL and FSU knocking his teeth out. I remember one of his last pressors where he listed all of his failures. He should be 3-0 against FSU. Poor guy.
I felt him being coached by Jon Richt spurred him away the most. He knew he was NOT going to get any better under that guy and chose to leave after a decent bowl win. I still remember one of the QB's from that time talking about how they didn't really drill fundamentals and one of the bigger things was doing wind sprints and ****. lol Don't blame him.

Good clip from the podcast. Funny story about why he didn’t go to usc. Also brad was very athletic and fast until he tore acl right before high school. Had to relearn the game. After all the crap he’s taken about his mobility, brad might have been the goat if he never tore that acl in middle school.

I remember the interview he did with Jon Gruden before the draft. He wanted no part in Mark Richt’s RPO heavy offense. You could tell Gruden didn’t care for RPOs either because he kept trying to goad Kaaya into trashing the system. To his credit, he kept it professional and just said stuff like “some of the things they wanted me to do weren’t what I was comfortable doing”. He took unnecessary **** from fans because he wasn’t a friggin miracle worker and Golden’s defense always gave away big games that he played well enough to win.

Advertisement
a listened to a little and yeah it didn’t have many good tidbits but just cool to hear the guys you root for talk like normal people about normal **** when you really only see them talking during interview while on the team

He was a f-ing warrior that game. Changed my entire opinion of him, which was he was soft. Man, what could have, should have, would have happened if he were our QB in 2017. That was a bad choice. Wish nothing but the best for him though. We've all made bad choices.
Stacey Coley and Kaaya were absolute savages when it came to those FSU games. We just didn’t have enough of them

Advertisement
For sure a good kid but we win less no doubt. Kid could never win a big game. West Virginia was arguably his only solid win in nearly 40 games.
Disagree. The offense hit it's groove the last 5 games of 2016. The 2017 team averaged 5 points per game fewer, mostly due to inconsistent quarterback play. Rosier gets credit for last second wins but if he had played well the whole game, we wouldn't have needed miracle plays to beat Georgia Tech and FSU. He also threw more interceptions in 2017 than Kaaya did in 2016 and 2015 combined.

Disagree. The offense hit it's groove the last 5 games of 2016. The 2017 team averaged 5 points per game fewer, mostly due to inconsistent quarterback play. Rosier gets credit for last second wins but if he had played well the whole game, we wouldn't have needed miracle plays to beat Georgia Tech and FSU. He also threw more interceptions in 2017 than Kaaya did in 2016 and 2015 combined.
BK had the better roster in his first year with richt, but no question BK was a MUCH better QB and more talented. Rosiers running ability was a big asset for us, which is something that always held BK back. being a statue back there just doesnt work at any level anymore in football.

BK had the better roster in his first year with richt, but no question BK was a MUCH better QB and more talented. Rosiers running ability was a big asset for us, which is something that always held BK back. being a statue back there just doesnt work at any level anymore in football.
Richt squeezed every little bit out of Rosier that he could. I'll give him credit for that. There's only so much you can ask a limited passer to do.

I fully agree Kaaya was a much better passer and overall better QB. Rosier was an average passer at best but made a ton of plays with his feet and had the magic that year. My main point of saying we win less games was I think he played 40 games and couldn't bring us back if we were down, couldn't get an upset win, couldn't lead the guys to get the best of them. Hes got no IT factor. He reminds me of TVD.

Advertisement
Back