Bracketology

I’m not disagreeing with your overall point and 99% of the time it’s dead on. Just not this year. Take away that FSU loss, and with some help and a sweep this week, I could’ve seen a possible #3, but that’s out the window now.

Winning your conference only guarantees you a spot, it doesn’t guarantee you a certain seed, and it shouldn’t. History should play zero part in anything. It’s all about this year. Period.
Again, it's all conjecture and speculation on our parts. We won't know until Miami wins out and the selection committee announces their decisions.

You may not see it happening, but IF Miami wins out and finishes 27-6 in all likelihood they become a consensus top 10 team. And with an ACC conference title and ACC tournament championship under their belt and coming off last year's Elite 8 run I can definitely see them get a top 3 seed. Doesn't mean it will happen. Just means it's possible. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
It would be truly amazing if Miami wins the ACCT, to put it at 27-6, a likely top 10 ranking, and is given a 4 seed.
As it’s been discussed before, that means nothing. They’ve watered down seedings with all these analytics that don’t agree with how good this team is. Like it or not, that’s how they do it. And it’s not some secret either. It’s all out there.

Advertisement
We win the ACC tourney I think we will be a 3. Process of elimination with Big 12 teams.
Houston
Bama
Ucla
Zona
Kansas
Texas
Purdue
Marquette

Those 8 are the only ones I think are settled.

Zags, Uconn, either KSU or Baylor and Miami as final 3 seed if we win tourney. If Baylor or KSU lose opening round I think that door opens for us.
I want no part of UConn. Hopefully, we avoid their bracket.

New Lunardi out this early AM has us in Orlando as a 5... and Tennessee with 9 losses still a 3 (guess beating Kansas AND Alabama got huge sway)
View attachment 232370
If we win ACC and TCU beats Kansas State and Tennessee also loses Thursday, I'd feel optimistic for a 3, passing both them and Virginia (if maybe committee is fairer than usual.)
I totally forgot about Tennessee. Assumed they would be on outside looking in much like us at this point.

Advertisement
The potential 12 seeds are so tough. Not saying we wouldn’t win or match up well, but jfc…Oral Roberts, VCU, Drake, and 31-win Charleston …

All those 5-12 games will be close and intense, something we are used to but I’d like to avoid. Then again, winning it gives you some momentum and confidence in close games.

Thinking we get to a 4 seed if we win 2 games. We’ll see. Next week will be nerve-wracking… Go Canes!

The potential 12 seeds are so tough. Not saying we wouldn’t win or match up well, but jfc…Oral Roberts, VCU, Drake, and 31-win Charleston …

All those 5-12 games will be close and intense, something we are used to but I’d like to avoid. Then again, winning it gives you some momentum and confidence in close games.

Thinking we get to a 4 seed if we win 2 games. We’ll see. Next week will be nerve-wracking… Go Canes!
Drake and oral are both solid for sure

Based on the NET rankings, we want WF, Duke (Duke 25 in NET, Pitt 58), and Virginia to bolster our resume the max we can at this point

That doesn't matter. If we win the ACC tournament, they'll still put 10 loss Baylor and 11 loss Indiana above us on the seed line. Makes no sense, but watch it happen.

Also, I echo what someone else said, the projected 12 seeds look a **** of a lot more dangerous than the projected 13 seeds. I'd really appreciate a 4 or better seed.

Advertisement
Waking up and finding out FSU got bounced in the first round by those nerds up at Tech.

Reno 911 Gay GIF

suck my dick middle finger GIF
suck my dick GIF

Lunardi update as of 11pm last night still has us as a 5-seed, but still in Orlando, now vs 12-seed VCU. Would face 4 seed Indiana in a potential 2nd round matchup. Midwest regional, headlined by Kansas in the Sweet 16. Not a great draw.

Jerry Palm updated his this morning at CBS Sports, also has us as a 5-seed in Orlando, but playing Drake in Round 1, with a potential matchup with 4 seed Xavier in Round 2. West regional, headlined by Purdue in the Sweet 16. I like that one a lot better.

But good news is both "experts" have us in Orlando. And even if we do win the ACC Tourney and move up to a 4, that should still be a likely landing spot.

FWIW, Palm has us as his "worst" 5 seed, meaning we're closer to a 6 than a 4. So let's hope we at least win tomorrow, at a minimum. I don't think we can drop to a 6 regardless, but no reason to chance it. One win tomorrow and even a loss to Duke on Friday night should lock up at least a 5.

I swear the people doing the seeding predictions, and maybe the NC2A tournament selection committee, don’t watch basketball and have likely never played the game or coached the game. Their eyes must tell them nothing. Analytics should be a complimentary tool but it loses a great deal of value once it completely replaces human understanding. This is what happens when too much control is ceded to the nerds.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back