Bracketology

Advertisement
If they’re giving us anything worse than a 5 seed it’s clear that they think the ACC sucks, they think Miami is overrated, and that they care about metrics too much.

If we had won the ACCT, what seed would we have gotten? A 4? Has there ever in history been an ACC regular season and tournament champion to get that low a seed? Ridiculous.

I still think we are a 5 but we’ll see. Hope we are in Orlando. We’ve proved ourselves.

If they’re giving us anything worse than a 5 seed it’s clear that they think the ACC sucks, they think Miami is overrated, and that they care about metrics too much.

If we had won the ACCT, what seed would we have gotten? A 4? Has there ever in history been an ACC regular season and tournament champion to get that low a seed? Ridiculous.

I still think we are a 5 but we’ll see. Hope we are in Orlando. We’ve proved ourselves.
But UVA and Duke will both be in front of us. I know Duke beat Miami last night but anyone with eyes knows with Omier miami wins that game. Feels like it's been a bias against Miami all year by the bracketologists

In 2000, Cincinnati was ranked #1 for most of the season. They finished the regular season 28-2. Kenyon Martin got hurt and they lost in the quarterfinals of the C-USA tournament. Without Martin they were probably a 6-7 seed, but they still got a 2 seed and lost in the 2nd round to Tulsa.

Advertisement

The “analytics” say the ACC sucks. IIRC the Mountain West is rated as a better conference than the ACC. And the so called experts believe it. Somehow football went from the BCS formulas to more eye test, and basketball did the opposite. Makes zero sense. Nobody with working eyes believes the Mountain West is a top 5 conference.

But UVA and Duke will both be in front of us. I know Duke beat Miami last night but anyone with eyes knows with Omier miami wins that game. Feels like it's been a bias against Miami all year by the bracketologists
With certainty: Miami wins that game with Omier. We match up well against them and Omier is critical in that game plan. Even without him we took it down to the last minute, questionable officiating side. First game we lost to them Wong barely played and didn’t play well because he had the flu.

Don’t think Duke is deserving of a higher seed than us, but whatever. UVA a 4, Duke 5, and then I think Miami should be a 5 as well. If they give us a 6 at least we avoid the 1 seed if we get that far. Coach L will be talking hugely about disrespect.

Go Canes!

The “analytics” say the ACC sucks. IIRC the Mountain West is rated as a better conference than the ACC. And the so called experts believe it.
They’re a tough conference. Before this past decade they used to be good in the 2000s and early 2010s but always choked in the NCAAT. Then they fell into irrelevance until last year where they got 4 teams in but had an awful showing.

ACC Tournament Teams: Miami, Duke, UVA, Pitt, NCSU, Clemson. I think it’s ridiculous for Clemson to be “out” given winning Quad1 record, wins x3 against NCSU, Duke, and Pitt. Honestly, all these teams sans Duke/UVA are underrated. I wouldn’t want to face NC State guards or Clemson’s bigs, or Pitt’s guards in the NCAAT. Good luck to this that do.

Plain and simple..,it is Miller Time. I think he can be the impact we need with Omier out. We have weapons, just need to but up and make it happen. Start scheming drives to the hoop and kick outs. We are one of a few teams that can facilitate a balanced attack inside and outside depending on the opponent. Coach L knows this. I am excited to see how he schemes it up.

Advertisement
With certainty: Miami wins that game with Omier. We match up well against them and Omier is critical in that game plan. Even without him we took it down to the last minute, questionable officiating side. First game we lost to them Wong barely played and didn’t play well because he had the flu.

Don’t think Duke is deserving of a higher seed than us, but whatever. UVA a 4, Duke 5, and then I think Miami should be a 5 as well. If they give us a 6 at least we avoid the 1 seed if we get that far. Coach L will be talking hugely about disrespect.

Go Canes!
Considering injuries and the blue blood, they do as far as these weasels are concerned

It is supposed to be based on the body of work however, and I expect us always to get the shaft, regardless.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back