Bracketology

That’s a standard answer any 3 year old with all due respect knows that. Many many top seeds have not ended up winning the whole thing. It literally has to do with the 5th position. Never ever like I said has a 5 seed won it all that’s unusual in my opinion. Perhaps it’s a fluke and nobody has the answer.

See the chart below.

I think it’s just an anomaly. Also we’re talking small sample sizes so it’s pretty understandable.

5 seeds have the 5th most final four appearances.

So it looks to me like a 5 seed is due…

1678999335497.png

Advertisement
I’ll be interested to see how this chart looks in 20 more years. 1’s will still win their share but I think more 2-4’s will win and we likely see a 5-8 or two win it. The college game is changing and big dogs getting knocked off earlier and more frequently will create paths for some underachieving lower seeds.

Yea something is off about all this. Maybe ACC teams are just not scheduling difficult enough non conference schedules? That's my only idea here.

UVA has a win over Houston. UNC took Bama to 4OT in the non-conference. Duke played well out of conference as well and was ranked when conference play started. But the beating each other up dropped the perception, where every loss in the big-12 is a "good loss".

I don't think the ACC is a down conference, I fully expect the ACC teams that make the tourney to have success well beyond their seeds, same as last year. All we heard about last year was how great the SEC was and how much better it was than ACC, and we saw how that played out when the teams actually had to play each other.
ACC only power 5 conference to put a team in the final 4?

Advertisement
Back