Bracketology

Loyola has won their last 10 games and 17 of 18. They shoot just shy of 40% as a team from 3 and 56% from inside the arc. Luckily their tallest regular contributor is 6 foot 9. So not a lot of height. Gotta rebound the ball! Get extra possessions and make your own 3s. Will be a tough first matchup and wouldn't be surprised if we got upset.
One of the commentators on the TBS show already touted the country to go with Loyola in their office bracket pools. Matchup makes me feel my age. I was at UM when Loyola won the National Championship in 1963.

Advertisement
One of the commentators on the TBS show already touted the country to go with Loyola in their office bracket pools. Matchup makes me feel my age. I was at UM when Loyola won the National Championship in 1963.
Yea I heard that too. No one was picking Miami nor were they interested in even talking about them as a possible threat to anyone. I'm sure they don't really scare anyone. They're a tough team to figure out. They like close games apparently and hopefully they win a couple of those.

We can't beat anyone unless we shoot the lights out. Checked flights waaaay too much
I agree. Pretty much the case. Not only for us but for many of the teams in the field. What separates those who may win a game (or two) and those who really have a shot at the championship.

We can't beat anyone unless we shoot the lights out. Checked flights waaaay too much

You've said this 85 times now, we get it.

Believe it or not, its hard for any team to win a tourney game if they don't shoot well.

But in game 1, Loyola has to shoot the lights out to have a chance against us. I get you hate this team, but we have a lot more talent and size than Loyola. They can beat us, but only if they really outshoot us. If the percetages are close, we'll win with our advantage on the glass

Im happy as **** with our bracket spot. At least we will go further then last year. I think we could beat Tenn too. IDK how the **** they are ranked so high, but better for us.
If we get UTK, we **** sure better beat them or I'll have to listen to these **** hillbillies for the next 20 years - if I live that long!

Advertisement
I can see this squad making it to the Sweet 16 in this bracket if they don’t lay down.

If this team plays well I can see us making the Elite 8. Neither Loyola, Tenn, or Cinnci impress me, but at the same time counting on the canes to play well 3 games in a row is not likely. I need to do some heavy thinking before I place them on my bracket.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I live in TN. I want to taste their tears.
bruce-pearljpg-1ba22c8a740ced3b.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back