Off-Topic Bourbon Heads

IMG_9903.jpeg

Advertisement
View attachment 255050

Finally found a Stagg in Broward that wasn't priced sky high.

I'm not a huge Eagle Rare or Blantons fan, but I found each at Winn-Dixie recently. 35 for ER and 56 for the Blantons. Couldn't pass that up...

Very nice get on the Stagg! And at those prices you don't have much choice but to buy the ER and Blantons, lol.

Take them all day for those prices!!! And Stagg is a great get.
I’ve still yet to see Stagg on a shelf that wasn’t a museum price. Fortunately I’ve got friends that get it but I agree it’s always always a good choice

I’ve got a Weller Full Proof Store pick from a place out in Cali waiting for me. Sadly I can’t make the trip to Philly for the Canes game but having to go to Columbus instead has a silver lining since I’ve got a friend there that gets everything

But we are going to the High Bank Distillery (they make Whiskey War which is really **** good) and we are doing the whole tour and bottling our own bourbon experience there the Sunday after the Temple game

I’ve still yet to see Stagg on a shelf that wasn’t a museum price. Fortunately I’ve got friends that get it but I agree it’s always always a good choice

I’ve got a Weller Full Proof Store pick from a place out in Cali waiting for me. Sadly I can’t make the trip to Philly for the Canes game but having to go to Columbus instead has a silver lining since I’ve got a friend there that gets everything

But we are going to the High Bank Distillery (they make Whiskey War which is really **** good) and we are doing the whole tour and bottling our own bourbon experience there the Sunday after the Temple game
That is a bummer about the Temple game, but glass half full on the distillery. I plan to do some hunting up that way when I land since I'll be in NJ for a few days pre-game.

Recently saw Stagg at $199 and Blanton's $99 outside of Boston last month.

Great news on the Full Proof Store pick. It is a delicious bourbon and I have one sitting at my brother's house waiting for me.

I picked up two store picks of Starlight and a Woodford Masters Collection Batch Proof yesterday.

Advertisement
That is a bummer about the Temple game, but glass half full on the distillery. I plan to do some hunting up that way when I land since I'll be in NJ for a few days pre-game.

Recently saw Stagg at $199 and Blanton's $99 outside of Boston last month.

Great news on the Full Proof Store pick. It is a delicious bourbon and I have one sitting at my brother's house waiting for me.

I picked up two store picks of Starlight and a Woodford Masters Collection Batch Proof yesterday.
Those Woodford Masters are 🔥

NJ always had horrible selection when I lived up that way but it seems like right now things have opened back up slightly

Ohio gets good selections but I think that’s because you’re in Ohio and if you couldn’t get access to alcohol it would be too depressing

Those Woodford Masters are 🔥

NJ always had horrible selection when I lived up that way but it seems like right now things have opened back up slightly

Ohio gets good selections but I think that’s because you’re in Ohio and if you couldn’t get access to alcohol it would be too depressing
I have a specific roadmap to follow to pass some time between Philly and AC without getting too far off the beaten path or into a hunting rabbit hole. I'll hit a few stores I have been to before to check and then roll on my way down the expressway.

Land. Cheesesteak. Hunt. Meeting. Hunt. Cheesesteak. Pregame.

I have a specific roadmap to follow to pass some time between Philly and AC without getting too far off the beaten path or into a hunting rabbit hole. I'll hit a few stores I have been to before to check and then roll on my way down the expressway.

Land. Cheesesteak. Hunt. Meeting. Hunt. Cheesesteak. Pregame.
I briefly lived in Delaware and they were a very underrated place to buy bourbon

Any help, looking for Rock Hills Farm Bourbon for a friend. All prices I see online are crazy, it is supposed to be $70. I seen some a little lower, but I do not trust the website. Any help finding 1 or 2 bottles, please.

Advertisement
Any help, looking for Rock Hills Farm Bourbon for a friend. All prices I see online are crazy, it is supposed to be $70. I seen some a little lower, but I do not trust the website. Any help finding 1 or 2 bottles, please.
Gonna be real tough. I don’t really see it these days for less than $300

I briefly lived in Delaware and they were a very underrated place to buy bourbon
Speaking of Delaware. When we were in Louisville last Summer (2022), we kept running into a couple throughout the weekend. Great people. Anyway they were there to pick a barrel of Nulu for the Delaware Bourbon Society. We still keep in touch with them from time to time and send a few bottles back and forth. I want to say they ended up with 2 barrels - 1 toasted.

I personally did not try what they sent, but my brother did and sent them a store pick from St. Pete that was also good, but very different profiles in that barrel.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone try this? Penelope Barrel Strength. It's a newer distillery, just opened in 2018. My buddy runs a fine dining restaurant and sent me a double when I stopped by the other night. This stuff is smooth AF.

View attachment 265718
Never tried it but saw a bottle of Penelope the other day and almost bit. Might have to scoop it up now to give it a try

Never tried it but saw a bottle of Penelope the other day and almost bit. Might have to scoop it up now to give it a try
Granted I was already 8 beers deep when he sent it over to me, but I couldn't believe how smooth the finish was. I haven't cracked that bottle open yet but I'll find a reason to once night this week and give it a try neat.

Spent the weekend in New Jersey and came across these at a local store. Been looking for these C923 batches everywhere in south FL.
1000011543.jpg

Advertisement
Back