Off-Topic Bourbon Heads

Reporting back after another fantastic visit to Kentucky.

Evan Williams - solid tour and tasting again, grabbed a 12 year and the shop had ECBP, EC Toasted, 3 varieties of Square 6 +

Rabbit Hole - you saw some of the pictures, their attention to detail was impressive, didn’t buy any of the rarities here

Peerless - I like their Double Oak. They were sold out, but the limited ones they had were pretty solid. Some came back with the one barreled in an Absinthe Barrel

Lux Row - walking in and grabbing a Blood Oath did not suck. Tasting delivered again and fun was had… Old Ezra 7 price isn’t dropping…

Jim Beam - really solid tour, and bottled a **** 9 to go

Bulleit - tasting was a bit different and included using small containers with fragrances to activate multiple senses

Neely Family Farm - seems like a wild family, lots of tastings and fun time

Jeptha Creed - free, cool place, female owner, had a neat military barrel and an American Flag made of barrel staves

Preservation Farm - Very Ole St Nick varieties seem like their orphan barrels… Preservation 15yr was very good. New release Old Man Winter was also worth bringing home…
What did you think of the Jeptha Creed bourbon? We did a tasting there a couple of years ago and it was literally undrinkable. That is the only tasting I've ever done where everyone left whiskey in every glass, just awful stuff.

Advertisement
What did you think of the Jeptha Creed bourbon? We did a tasting there a couple of years ago and it was literally undrinkable. That is the only tasting I've ever done where everyone left whiskey in every glass, just awful stuff.

None of us bought anything there.

What we did do at Preservation was ask to buy the Old Man Winter and share it as it wasn’t included in our tasting…

So they sold us a bottle, brought us glasses and poured for us… we ended up with a solid tasting and then proceeded to buy about 6 bottles of it amongst our group…

Lesson was it doesn’t hurt to ask… win win for everyone

IMG_1013.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Got passed a flask, took a pull.

Never tasted anything like it - really good. Took another pull - second pull just as good as the first pull.

I'm a bit of a purest - and had I been told the name of it - I'd never have even tasted it.

Ole Smokey Salty Caramel. Let's just say, FOR MEDICINAL PURPOSES. (wards off snobby friends)

On the bottom shelf at Publix.

Advertisement
View attachment 274826

Been on a serious Rye kick lately. That Michter's Toasted was so good I just had to seek out a backup 🤤
This year’s version of the Michter’s 10 Year Rye is easily top 3 bottle of all time for me. It’s incredible.

Going to try to get ahold of their full proof rye that’s about to come out.

Advertisement
This year’s version of the Michter’s 10 Year Rye is easily top 3 bottle of all time for me. It’s incredible.

Man I'm jealous I actually haven't tried the 10 year yet. I'm hoping to find a '24 BS Rye as well.

Just won one of these in the PA lottery!

Congrats dude!! I had a few pours of this one and it's amazing.

I’m not even necessarily a big Rye person but I absolutely agree

We had a bit of a blind sampling party a few weeks back in Charleston. There was some WLW, Stagg, Handy etc etc and the Michters Rye still stood out to everyone

Also I forgot to post in here I won the VA lottery for their Bowman 9 Year Cask Strength and I gotta tell ya…one of the best bourbons I’ve ever had. It’s like a combination of Stagg and Old Forester Extra Extra Old

I’ll grab a pic ASAP

I’m not even necessarily a big Rye person but I absolutely agree

We had a bit of a blind sampling party a few weeks back in Charleston. There was some WLW, Stagg, Handy etc etc and the Michters Rye still stood out to everyone

Also I forgot to post in here I won the VA lottery for their Bowman 9 Year Cask Strength and I gotta tell ya…one of the best bourbons I’ve ever had. It’s like a combination of Stagg and Old Forester Extra Extra Old

I’ll grab a pic ASAP
I’ve only heard great things about that Bowman. Impressive grab.

Advertisement
Back