Off-Topic Bourbon Heads

Advertisement
Maker's Mark is my everyday drinker. Evan Williams Single Barrel is probably the most underrated bourbon out there at its price point.

Agreed on Evan Williams. I don’t drink much Maker’s. I’m excited for the trip. Been to some of them before, a few weird ones on the list this time, but should be some good tastings all around!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
IMG_0440.jpeg

IMG_0441.jpeg

IMG_0305.jpeg

IMG_0306.jpeg

@RVACane @JHallCanes

So Square 6….

What do we know of it?

- Wheated
- High Rye Bourbon
- High Rye Rye

Evan Williams

Advertisement
I live really close to the Neely Family Farm. Been to all of those except Preservation Farm.

Reporting back after another fantastic visit to Kentucky.

Evan Williams - solid tour and tasting again, grabbed a 12 year and the shop had ECBP, EC Toasted, 3 varieties of Square 6 +

Rabbit Hole - you saw some of the pictures, their attention to detail was impressive, didn’t buy any of the rarities here

Peerless - I like their Double Oak. They were sold out, but the limited ones they had were pretty solid. Some came back with the one barreled in an Absinthe Barrel

Lux Row - walking in and grabbing a Blood Oath did not suck. Tasting delivered again and fun was had… Old Ezra 7 price isn’t dropping…

Jim Beam - really solid tour, and bottled a **** 9 to go

Bulleit - tasting was a bit different and included using small containers with fragrances to activate multiple senses

Neely Family Farm - seems like a wild family, lots of tastings and fun time

Jeptha Creed - free, cool place, female owner, had a neat military barrel and an American Flag made of barrel staves

Preservation Farm - Very Ole St Nick varieties seem like their orphan barrels… Preservation 15yr was very good. New release Old Man Winter was also worth bringing home…

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back