Boston College at Miami (3-5-21) at 6 pm on the ACC Network.

As a Miami fan it’s quite worrisome to know that Coach L might leave the program worse than he found it. If these 8 seniors decide to bolt after the season along with Wong, the roster will be bare. I could easily see Larranaga retiring if he’s not up to rebuilding the program. At his age and with everything that’s gone on in recent years I could see him retiring, despite everything he’s saying now. That’s a very scary thought.

I don't have that perspective. I think this is a great situation for the next coach.

1. Miami will have plenty of scholarships to overhaul the roster quickly. Wong will be back along with Walker, Beverly and Timberlake. Good core of experience and talent.

2. With 9 available scholarships, the key is the strategy the new coach applies to building the roster. Given the amount of talent in the state of Florida in 2022 and 2023, you want a situation like this to build the team in the imagine of the new coach as quick as possible. That is why the staff needs to be full of great recruiters.

3. The ideal roster management decision should be to add 4 grad transfers, 2 junior eligible transfers and 3 high school seniors.
That will give you potentially 4 available scholarships for the 2022 class and 5 available scholarships for the 2023 class.

This is actually a better situation than most people realize.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gak catches the ball at the 3 point line uncovered, considers shooting it, decides against it, then does the Amp travel when he starts to dribble. I can't.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Olanyi more Solid Waste than Solid Player tonight, sorry... he's handing the game to BC (or trying to)

Advertisement
Back