Boosters Need to Step Up

Great ideas.
What will you do to make it happen?
Have you attempted to contact anyone with the checkbook?
Have you bought season tickets, etc?

Medley, I really think that in addition to the big boosters, regular Joe's like us needed to also do our part and up our commitment (if we can). At this point, we ALL need to be a part of the solution. I know that I will because I want to put my money where my mouth is.. Every dollar counts in an arms race. We just can rely on 15 boosters to fund this thing. (And I've been told a few times about how negligent Blake James was in recognizing and acknowledging all donors, instead of the top .5 percent)

But the original poster has a point which Ive stated for awhile. Whoever is next in charge, they need to ramp up their marketing offers of this program and university both from a local and national level. Everything from community outreach programs, clinics with past and current players, mailing out teams posters and schedules to all season ticket and Hurricane Club members(I used to get stuff all the time that I haven't in at least 15 years). I've mentioned this to a few people who are in the mix

Yet all of this will take contributions across the board.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Medley, I really think that in addition to the big boosters, regular Joe's like us needed to also do our part and up our commitment (if we can). At this point, we ALL need to be a part of the solution. I know that I will because I want to put my money where my mouth is.. Every dollar counts in an arms race. We just can rely on 15 boosters to fund this thing. (And I've been a few times about how negligent Blake James was in recognizing and acknowledging all donors, instead of the top .5 percent)

But the original poster has a point which Ive stated for awhile. Whoever is next in charge, they need to ramp up their marketing offers of this program and university both from a local and national level. Everything from community outreach programs, clinics with past and current players, mailing out teams posters and schedules to all season ticket and Hurricane Club members(I used to get stuff all the time that I haven't in at least 15 years). I've mentioned this to a few people who are in the mix

By cleaning house snd making a commitment to building out a real top 20 program, it makes fundraising at any level infinitely easier

By cleaning house snd making a commitment to building out a real top 20 program, it makes fundraising at any level infinitely easier

Cane6, I was told by several donors(at the six-figure level) that if Blake James/Manny Diaz were retained, they were pulling back their financial commitment. Also I knew of season tix holders who weren't going to renew...

So yeah, business wasn't good with those two.

At this point, you can at least sell a new fresh start and optimism...

Cane6, I was told by several donors(at the six-figure level) that if Blake James/Manny Diaz were retained, they were pulling back their financial commitment. Also I knew of season tix holders who weren't going to renew...

Makes total sense

The reason why I’m so encouraged is:

Major overhaul
Checks and balances… primarily a competent AD + Zo
Experienced HC

None if this guarantees success. But it’s it’s got all the ingredients for success… with the secret sauce being Florida talent

Advertisement

And TVD and an exciting offense.

I'm not a fan of telling others how to spend their money.... but us fans need to show a little more support in donations or asses in seats.

Medley, I really think that in addition to the big boosters, regular Joe's like us needed to also do our part and up our commitment (if we can). At this point, we ALL need to be a part of the solution. I know that I will because I want to put my money where my mouth is.. Every dollar counts in an arms race. We just can rely on 15 boosters to fund this thing. (And I've been told a few times about how negligent Blake James was in recognizing and acknowledging all donors, instead of the top .5 percent)

Fair points all around and in agreement that us regular Joe's need to step up as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back