Boosters Need to Step Up

all true, but the new AD can try to improve the situation instead of doing nothing
I agree. And we can all say, “we’ll never get fans like other schools do”, BUT that is a choice we are actively making as a fan base.

Fans control that aspect of it.

Advertisement
They should be giving tickets away to all youth leagues no matter the sport and school kids who make certain grades…with every one of those free tickets you end up with a parent/guardian that’s buying to bring them plus you’re making a ton of money off parking and concessions…plus you’re gaining fans for future years as well as getting young kids that become football studs in HS to look at Miami first when it comes to recruiting…

Goes to the old saying “ spend a dime..make a dollar “…

What do you tell the season tickets holders sitting next to them who paid for their seats ?

Not to be a ****, but I always love these types of threads where posters call out people with real money asking them to spend it. They'll spend it how they see fit and if some makes it to the team, so be it.

What do you tell the season tickets holders sitting next to them who paid for their seats ?

Free tickets likely wouldn’t be near season ticket holders. And secondly, you don’t have to tell them ****. Any logical fan should see the benefit of earning fans or potential recruits early. No different than samples of food when walking through a mall.

Advertisement
Not to be a ****, but I always love these types of threads where posters call out people with real money asking them to spend it. They'll spend it how they see fit and if some makes it to the team, so be it.
I can see that point of view, but the point is to get on the same level as Bama we need other aspects to be at their level in addition to the coach.

Free tickets likely wouldn’t be near season ticket holders. And secondly, you don’t have to tell them ****. Any logical fan should see the benefit of earning fans or potential recruits early. No different than samples of food when walking through a mall.

Spoken like someone who doesn’t pay for tickets.

Advertisement
Stadium will never always be full in Miami. People show up for events, not games.

2001 squad was back on top and #1 in the land—you still had 30,000-something at the beloved Orange Bowl for Temple that year.

Fans will show up for FSU, a decent out of conference foe, or a good ACC team theoretically in the hunt—No. 13 Virginia Tech (7-1) back in 2017, at night and a week before No. 3 Notre Dame also headed south to play unbeaten Miami—but no one was showing up for that dog of a game against the 5-5 Hokies, even if Miami was 8-2, as it wasn't an "event".

Win and enough fans will be on board giving a ****, with more games turning into "events"—but Miami will never see the kind of support other schools see. Need to just get over that and accept it.
**** no will Miami ever pack a stadium for temple… not even to see our next HC.

Not sure I am aware King got that much, maybe. But what is in the pipe line for Shemar Stewart?
He’s a recruit, so rules are different, but I know Miami started working on ways to maximize NIL when the potential of NIL becoming law was realized.

Manny was forward thinking on this matter. At least we were told he was.

I can see that point of view, but the point is to get on the same level as Bama we need other aspects to be at their level in addition to the coach.

Same level might not be possible. These big schools pump out three to four times the alumni we do yearly. Most of them have dreamed of going to that school since they were young while ours are mostly from all over and like the Miami vibe.

There can be a happy place somewhere in the middle, but we aren't going to go toe to toe with them. We have to figure out how to beat them in other ways. That's for brighter people than me to figure out and hopefully they have deeper pockets as well.

Advertisement
He’s a recruit, so rules are different, but I know Miami started working on ways to maximize NIL when the potential of NIL becoming law was realized.

Manny was forward thinking on this matter. At least we were told he was.
Q Ewers left HS early because he ha so things lined up NIL wise

Advertisement
Stadium will never always be full in Miami. People show up for events, not games.

It will be full if we had a brand new, smaller stadium...

smart-thinking.gif

This team was projected to win 9-12 games this season and the NIL money going into it was not great.
And you are the porster with 100 posts writing an open letter for business to commit to more NIL deals when the excorcism of Blake James and Manny Diaz is not yet complete

1. Stop being stupid
2. Go to a different website to post clown level opinions

And you are the porster with 100 posts writing an open letter for business to commit to more NIL deals when the excorcism of Blake James and Manny Diaz is not yet complete

1. Stop being stupid
2. Go to a different website to post clown level opinions
Okay Karen

Advertisement
Back