BOOM! MIAMI BEATS GATORS 69-67

Advertisement
Are we really hating on Canes because it's basketball and not football? Seriously? Wow this board has hit an all time low.

The only thing worse than our football program is you people who hate on other Canes.

Beating the Gators never gets old, and the fact that you have to ruin the win like that is absolutely shocking.

I'm not ruining the win. I just want this pansy sport off the football board, aka the real sport board.

How many of you wanna be Blue Devils are current students or attended within the last few years?? If you wanted to go to Duke, you should have. My guess is you couldn't get in, so instead you try to turn my school into your own fake Duke to make yourselves feel better.

Our football team is dying and ya'll are blissfully ignorant b/c we won a basketball game.

I'm a student and nothing ****es me off more than the irrelevancy and mediocrity that our program has been stuck in for the last ten years, but that doesn't mean I hate on the other sports.

This is a family, and if you see a fellow Cane you know very well that you have their back. I could care less if a Cane is competing in a spelling bee you're **** right I'm rooting for him- that's what families do.

I want our football program to dominate more than the next guy but that doesn't mean I will root against the other sports. The two can coexist. UF won the National Championship in basketball and Football in the same year and I would love for that to happen here. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416279789.875363.jpg

Last edited:
How many of you wanna be Blue Devils are current students or attended within the last few years?? If you wanted to go to Duke, you should have. My guess is you couldn't get in, so instead you try to turn my school into your own fake Duke to make yourselves feel better.

Our football team is dying and ya'll are blissfully ignorant b/c we won a basketball game.

I'm a student and nothing ****es me off more than the irrelevancy and mediocrity that our program has been stuck in for the last ten years, but that doesn't mean I hate on the other sports.

This is a family, and if you see a fellow Cane you know very well that you have their back. I could care less if a Cane is competing in a spelling bee you're **** right I'm rooting for him- that's what families do.

I want our football program to dominate more than the next guy but that doesn't mean I will root against the other sports. The two can coexist. UF won the National Championship in basketball and Football in the same year and I would love for that to happen here.View attachment 27341

Of course you are a student. Only the new age Miami University of Wishwewere Duke students get off to lame slogans and hashtags. Perhaps had you studied harder you could have attended the school you really wanted to, and not come to mine to cheese it up.

I want our football program to dominate more than the next guy but that doesn't mean I will root against the other sports. The two can coexist. UF won the National Championship in basketball and Football in the same year and I would love for that to happen here.View attachment 27341

Of course you are a student. Only the new age Miami University of Wishwewere Duke students get off to lame slogans and hashtags. Perhaps had you studied harder you could have attended the school you really wanted to, and not come to mine to cheese it up.

Wow you are a gigantic baby! Seriously? Your school? Get over yourself

Advertisement

This is my dream school, and I am thankful to be here everyday, and GUESS WHAT: football is my first love at this place and it is the reason for my earliest and greatest sports memories as a child. That does not mean that I will hate on basketball or other sports. How logical is that?

Was that directed at me or the other dude?

Nah, definitely not you, directed at the one ****ing all over this awesome moment.

Nah, definitely not you, directed at the one ****ing all over this awesome moment.

Absurd man!

Advertisement
A national title in basketball would be as shocking and mind boggling as our first FB title was in 83. The fact we have a basketball team to cheer for when football season ends and we can appear in the Dance is something many of us dreamed about when we weren't even fielding a Bball team.

Coach L is a Canes fans dream come true and a basketball team appearing in the Dance is flat out awesome.

Advertisement
what if Miami turns its budget to its basketball team?

what if Miami decides to say F the NCAA and start paying for some top AAU recruits?

dude stop. this is a great win for the school. ur a cane in all sports not just one. did u ***** and moan when we won the ACC in basketball 2 years ago or when the canes baseball team won 4 national titles?

Last edited:
Nothing about UM Basketball's emergence and scoring a coach that can win and be a class act at the same time hurts the football program or any other program at the school. If anything, the athletic administration should be seeing the contrast between the team yesterday and the team today.

It's not like traditional football schools who have had recent Basketball success have gone down the tubes in football, success in basketball and football are not mutually exclusive. Rather, winning tends to be contagious and losing is the same. So give me the winning program in any sport at Miami ten times out of ten.

Advertisement
Nothing about UM Basketball's emergence and scoring a coach that can win and be a class act at the same time hurts the football program or any other program at the school. If anything, the athletic administration should be seeing the contrast between the team yesterday and the team today.

It's not like traditional football schools who have had recent Basketball success have gone down the tubes in football, success in basketball and football are not mutually exclusive. Rather, winning tends to be contagious and losing is the same. So give me the winning program in any sport at Miami ten times out of ten.

UF is the best example. they won national championships in the same year and had 3 years of basketball and football national titles.

College basketball is the second highest revenue sport. It brings a lot of money in. Baseball is nice but it's an after thought for most of America. But seriously, what does the success of the basketball team have to do with the struggles of the football team? That's just a moronic suggestion. Please show me any proof that Donna likes basketball more than football. Some of the fans on this board. If anything it would help football because it would give recruits more campus atmosphere and brings money into the athletic department.

This is sad even for the mopes on this board. Huge win for the U! Great job to Coach L! It's gonna be a fun season.

Advertisement
Back