Bond update

Advertisement
Nate Adelson at ITU posted the thread on the site. Sounds encouraging as long as he finishes his class work. Bond did say he would be behind in learning the play book because of this. Hey being behind is better than not being in at all.

I get the feeling he won't make his name as a heady football scientist. Here's what his "playbook" should be at least initially: See the QB. Hit the QB.

Agree and would love to see that.

Advertisement
Not groundbreaking, but it's something.

Linebacker Devante Bond – a key piece of this UM recruiting class – will not know until after Aug. 2 whether he will qualify for UM, his coach at Sierra Community College said today. Bond is waiting on results of two classes he’s taking.Coach Jeff Tisdale said he didn’t know Bond’s chances of qualifying but called him “as good a pass rusher as I’ve ever seen.” Bond had 17 sacks last season, and defensive coordinator Mark D’Onofrio has said he will be an immediate factor, should he qualify.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...heat-marlins-radio-tidbits.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Our staff needs to do a better job monitoring the academic standing of our prospects. Its frustrating to get a commit from a stud a later find out the grades aren't there. unacceptable.

Advertisement
With all the bs between local recruits and the ncaa I think we are taking more chances than we normally would

Our staff needs to do a better job monitoring the academic standing of our prospects. Its frustrating to get a commit from a stud a later find out the grades aren't there. unacceptable.

I think they have done a pretty good job actually. Only AJL from that huge 2012 class didn't qualify, & when taking griffins commitment they knew he was most likely a non-qualifier, so they worked with him, got his mindset right & now he's on the path to enroll in dec/jan. They knew lockley was a sign n stash as well. That African DT doesn't even want to be at miami. If bond couldn't pass these last two classes to get into
UM, that's on him.

This happens to every school in the country, especially those with actual standards. The staff has done a great job. Hardly any kids miss.

Advertisement
valid is clueless. as if the staff can make the kids go to class and get good grades. i'm sure they are on top of things.

The summer semester probably ends around 7/31 or so and then grades need to be posted. Depending on the type of student he is, he should have a pretty good idea of where he is at grade wise, at this point. Finals can make or break you though, I wish I knew what he was taking, I'd drive my *** there from AZ and tutor him up to make sure he gets the grades he needs to get in.

Advertisement
Back