Bogle

He said he decided that morning who he was picking. Still wide open according to a lot of sources. Including cbs

This is what I mean...These kids have no clue. Whether it is or isn't bags, the follower type at the very last minute is gonna wig out say (even if he likes Miami and a day/week/morning before he chooses was going to go Miami) "hey wait, others aren't going to Miami so it's not cool, how am I gonna go there, how can I do that on national TV, what if they laugh at me"?

It's not a shock that his recruitment "isn't over"...This is how he behaved the whole cycle. He's a follower, and I ain't even harping or trash talking the kid, he just is. He has no idea how to make this decision (and obv there's nothing wrong with the nation's top program, Bama is a beast and has been for a decade, although I personally think he's out of position jmo), he only wants to be liked and go where the cool kids are going, or more importantly doesn't want people to think he's not cool or good because Miami had a rough year. The kid set the record "dramatic twitter announcements about nothing" and "I'm always gonna play with my brother, just know we are singing w/ same school" (with about 15 diff kids, none who signed Bama)...He took it to an extreme even by today's standards.

It's whatever with this kid, talent through the roof, at maybe our #1 position of need... Just so flaky though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We need DEs in the worst way and Bama comes into our backyard to get a top recruit to grey shirt without a bag.

Advertisement
Lol this kid apparently told NBC that Saturday morning he was going to Tennessee then switched to Bama last minute.

As I said the day he made the announcement. Rique was glowing and not nervous and happy with the bags of $$$$ Georgia handed to him.

Bogle looked very uneasy and nervous when making his announcement. Could be each kid handles the spotlight differently but if he felt totally at ease, it would’ve been fairly apparent that the weight of the world wasn’t on his shoulders like it seemed on Saturday. He may end up committed at the end of the day but the kid is 18! Everyone has a different level of maturity and how they handle things at that age.

Think the bama commits at the game got in his ear. If you listen to him he directly talks about trey sanders and Tua's little brother. Hopefully that wears off over the next few weeks.

He WANTS Bama because it validates his opinion of himself. He doesn't want to be at Miami- I don't think he ever heard about the possibility he might have to gray shirt until after he committed.

Go to Bama and be a tackling dummy. He made his bed.

1546892939876.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m finding it hard to root for this kid, regardless of what he decides.

Be confused, torn or just clueless, but don’t be a total troll.

Not sure what took you so long to come to this conclusion.

Kid has been a Broward nutjob since moment one.

Well according to his bio on the official Bama Website, it read as follows:

Freshman (2018)
Has not seen action this season.
Imagine that. Jobe hasnt done jack **** either. In Jobe's case, it's different when you play against people your own age. Jobe is one guy who I want to fail big time. He's a piece of ****.

Some think bags of money are left on bus benches in Athens and Tuscaloosa and this is why - along with season trash results - we lose so many top prospects to SEC and elsewhere. When the roster is so stocked they talk greyshirt, hardly likely to be the reason. (of course it can/does happen at times I guess.)

Besides the top notch facilities and program, the rewards culture exists in these towns. Especially with locals, once they are enrolled and playing and especially if they are starting (or starring), a network of boosters and merchants and "good neighbors" keep the kids and families and friends well stocked in gifts, repairs, services, vehicles, perks, and lots of things almost impossible to catch red-handed. Kids talk and tell their peers; it creates a "Bama is great and takes good care of you" rep, and I would think this sort of feeling also plays heavily on the Bogles of this day as they "choose".

Advertisement
Imagine that. Jobe hasnt done jack **** either. In Jobe's case, it's different when you play against people your own age. Jobe is one guy who I want to fail big time. He's a piece of ****.
Close to being on social security and still sleeps with a teddy bear.

Bama hands out bags, yes. But not to Bogle. This is a kid they have slow played and basically would be a cherry on top of a loaded class. Bogle wants to be at Bama more then Bama wants Bogle to be there. He needs to wake up and realize this. And it does not surprise me at all they are talking about grey shirting him.

Spot on. We dilute the very real complaints about bags when we assume EVERY kid like this is getting them. Bags are given when bags are deemed warranted or required. As you said, a kid like Bogle isn't worthy of a Bama bag based on their current roster/recruits. Then there are other kids that WOULD be worthy of bags but it never is an issue because they're from by-the-book type of families or families that just were never corrupted by anyone around them into learning how to "play the game".

Bama hands out bags, yes. But not to Bogle. This is a kid they have slow played and basically would be a cherry on top of a loaded class. Bogle wants to be at Bama more then Bama wants Bogle to be there. He needs to wake up and realize this. And it does not surprise me at all they are talking about grey shirting him.

THIS.

Advertisement
Back