Bogle Latest

It’s blasphemous to say on here, but a lot of South FL prospects are overrated AF.
You have also pointed out how underrated kids can also be down here as well numerous times. It seems the South Florida kids that make it aren't always athletic freaks but usually the ones with huge chips on their shoulders, undersized, etc.

Advertisement
It’s blasphemous to say on here, but a lot of South FL prospects are overrated AF.
Georgia and Texas and to some extent the Carolinas seem to he the spot the past 5 years for a while.

I'm not gonna lie, this might be partly do to, following the money, I.e. prep schools, off field, coaching types, etc.
Its gotta be why Arizona has been a spot for QBs, the burbs of Phoenix have a tonne of passive income types.

Georgia and Texas and to some extent the Carolinas seem to he the spot the past 5 years for a while.

I'm not gonna lie, this might be partly do to, following the money, I.e. prep schools, off field, coaching types, etc.
Its gotta be why Arizona has been a spot for QBs, the burbs of Phoenix have a tonne of passive income types.
south carolina is more like florida. sometimes its top heavy but a lot of stars from sc are underrated

Advertisement
Ray Lewis was from Lakeland, but went to Kathleen HS.

The last player we got from the Polk County/Lakeland region was OG Cleveland Reed in the 2018 class.
Ft. Meade. I forget because it's the far south of the county. And because Reed never caught on.

. I know I'll get killed for it but there are far more busts than there are program changers.
This is literally true everywhere. The reason why recruiting is so important is because program changers are rare.

This is literally true everywhere. The reason why recruiting is so important is because program changers are rare.
Agreed. That’s why we can’t have all our eggs in one basket. We need to recruit at home but show love to national kids just as much. We need to diversification in our kids.

Advertisement
Mike James was from Davenport. Not Lakeland, but still Polk County. The only player from Lakeland High I remember is Kyle Cobia.

Whatever happened to Mike James? I know he wasn't an all-time great RB, but I felt the NFL screwed him over after he advocated for marijuana. Mike seemed like such a good guy and a great team player.

Whatever happened to Mike James? I know he wasn't an all-time great RB, but I felt the NFL screwed him over after he advocated for marijuana. Mike seemed like such a good guy and a great team player.
Mike is retired from the NFL and living in my neighborhood in a Houston suburb. Not sure what brought him here since he didn’t play in Houston other than a lot of NFL guys live here.

Advertisement
Hung around the league for 3-4 years and then became an advocate for the nfl to allow weed.

Otherwise, pretty quiet guy and I don't know about his 9-5.

Trust me you want get killed although a lot of these kids are talented they have been poorly coached on the high school and collegiate level hence the reason for so much undisciplined in the Big three schools in Florida. What I do see is kids that come in off transfers from other programs and out of state recruits are so much more polished
When I coached in Florida you didn’t have to be a certified teacher to coach. Is this still the case? It seems like anyone can coach in Florida especially at the inner city schools.

Advertisement
Trippy GIF by BagelNet

When I coached in Florida you didn’t have to be a certified teacher to coach. Is this still the case? It seems like anyone can coach in Florida especially at the inner city schools.
Not far off. Both of my boys attend a CSA charter in Riverview. They just changed the rule two years ago and cut our coach at the time. I'm not sure if that's the case elsewhere, but I've seen it. Starts with all th club groups, I swear half the parents all coached the development leagues and Madden was their only football experience. The **** I hear about what we need to do is just off the wall. Like the fringe freaks on here.

Advertisement
Back