Bobby Washington (LB) senior HL

Advertisement
Advertisement
The tools are all there. My only caution is instincts- not because he looks uninstinctual, but because instincts are hard to evaluate off clips. Tirek Austin Cave comes to mind. The closest physical comp at UM is Avery Huff, a wiry, converted WR who played off the edge and over the slot at times.

Love the length, production, striking ability and pure speed. He seems to be a legit 4.4 guy. He also has DB experience and fluidity. If it all comes together, he has some of the best upside in the class.
He’s 20 pounds heavier than huff who been here 4-5 (years?) as a hs senior. And does much more than come off the edge. Not a good comp at all lol. My comp is a faster Ruben foster cause of hitting ability.

He’s 20 pounds heavier than huff who been here 4-5 (years?) as a hs senior. And does much more than come off the edge. Not a good comp at all lol. My comp is a faster Ruben foster cause of hitting ability.
Foster was a 5 star and former 1st round pick. If he is a faster version then that it will be impressive.

He’s going to need time. Plays with little to no technique and looks like he has little idea how to play true linebacker. All the traits are definitely there but people will need to be patient, he needs some serious coaching.

Should contribute on special teams on day 1 though

Advertisement
His wrapping looked a lot better in his senior film than his junior film. Looks like a young man who is learning quickly how to play linebacker.
As to the issue of hitting vs wrapping, let me tell you a story.

One of my best friends was a starting LB for University of Michigan in the early 90’s. He started as a junior. Very smart young man who went on to attend law school at Michigan. Before his senior year the coaches came to him and explained that he would not be starting. Their explanation was as follows. “Tim, you are a very good player but you are a tackler, and we need hitters”. My buddy was trying to bring guys down and the coaches wanted players who would separate the ball carrier from the ball.

Guy 'flys around' and strikes. Looks a lot like many guys we've brought in recently - with this major exception - he has the size to fill out and be a legit D-1 LB'er with size/strength (potentially) to compete in the box with athleticism to track. Day 1 special teamer. Let's see what Strong can do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No Cane on Cane violence here but a faster Reuben Foster??

That would be Patrick Willis

Plenty of upside to work with here from the film I saw. Just ready for signing day so we can get pen to paper with our guys

I love this kid as a player but he absolutely refuses to wrap up on film , it’s kill shots and nothing else. That will not cut it at the next level. He’s super underrated doe.
I took this away from watching his HLs too. Half them tackles will have him ejected in college. Hopefully we get that handled because that was literally my only complaint

Advertisement
Back