Board Poll

Keep going with "We Roll" thread or retire it and start a new traditional hype thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
For those of you who partcipate, I call for a motion to retire the "Tell Me We Roll" thread. For those of you who get in on the Gameday hype/fun thread, I think its run its course and we need a new one. Its old and washed out. That thread feels very Shannon/Golden/Richt/Mannyesque. Its become a constant Mush. Every time we get hyped up for a big/important game, it fails us (yes Im superstitious). Is that thread/tradition a sacred cow?

Let the board decide. It's a new era with Mario and Rad. I feel like we need a fresh start on this front. In place of "Tell Me We Roll", I think an appropriate new hype thread would be "We ****** ******?" Lots of Gif possibilities for us kicking some a$$.

This poll will close at 2PM EST so we have time to start a new one if the board votes for change. Otherwise, carry on.

Go Canes!
Persuasive argument, but i prefer tradition..

Advertisement
For those of you who partcipate, I call for a motion to retire the "Tell Me We Roll" thread. For those of you who get in on the Gameday hype/fun thread, I think its run its course and we need a new one. Its old and washed out. That thread feels very Shannon/Golden/Richt/Mannyesque. Its become a constant Mush. Every time we get hyped up for a big/important game, it fails us (yes Im superstitious). Is that thread/tradition a sacred cow?

Let the board decide. It's a new era with Mario and Rad. I feel like we need a fresh start on this front. In place of "Tell Me We Roll", I think an appropriate new hype thread would be "We ****** ******?" Lots of Gif possibilities for us kicking some a$$.

This poll will close at 2PM EST so we have time to start a new one if the board votes for change. Otherwise, carry on.

Go Canes!
How about not starting any bullshyt threads until we actually become a good team again? Every year it’s the same ****. It’s almost as if we’re jinxing the team, and nobody notices it.

Last week some idiot on here actually predicted that we would win 48-10. The arrogance and insanity of this fan base never ceases to amaze me. Specially since most of the people trying to guarantee blow outs weren’t even born or still children when we were kicking *** and bludgeoning the rest of CFB from 1982 til the early 200’s.

Why one or the other? Maybe keep both. Let the game decide which one to use. No body is nervous about todays game, so we fuccin, would be more appropriate. UNC game, it could be both. But no need to get rid of I'm nervous.

Should keep traditions. I don’t use it or add to it. Don’t even read it anymore. But I know what it is and so does everyone else. We can click or not.

Keep it.
I get it. Traditions are hard to break. No one owns this one. Its for the board which is why the poll. Curious what the appetite is for change on that tradition or if its some sort of sacred cow. I thought the poll would be close. Wasnt sure which way the wind would blow on this one.

Advertisement
Should keep traditions. I don’t use it or add to it. Don’t even read it anymore. But I know what it is and so does everyone else. We can click or not.

Keep it.
Well said.

Let it be fun for those who still can have fun with it. I’m dead inside so my opinions should be moot.

I remember when Laus passed, I think his Appendix burst during appendectomy...his GF/Wife got on Grassy and eloquently explained the situation. Sad times...

The appendix was removed, but he had internal bleeding post OP and eventually became septic. He had just recently had twins. It was a very sad and unfair thing that happened to a very good young man with his whole life ahead of him.

50 cent laughing GIF

Advertisement
How about not starting any bullshyt threads until we actually become a good team again? Every year it’s the same ****. It’s almost as if we’re jinxing the team, and nobody notices it.

Last week some idiot on here actually predicted that we would win 48-10. The arrogance and insanity of this fan base never ceases to amaze me. Specially since most of the people trying to guarantee blow outs weren’t even born or still children when we were kicking *** and bludgeoning the rest of CFB from 1982 til the early 200’s.
Ah yes, the "Porster Effect"

Discovered in 1843 by Dr Helmüt Von Mopeyhamhemmerstein.

Discovered porsting's negative effect on team performance. Made notably famous after German mushroom stamping Le French Maginot Line. Several memes were posted "wir rollen" and the rest is history.

Persuasive argument, but i prefer tradition..
Like most sports junkies, Im superstitious. Obviously this is all in fun, but wanted to see if there was an overwhelming feel one way or another on the Im Nervous We Roll thread. Some of these things we do are fun and pass the time. I'll tell you what. When I had cancer this winter, I had a lot of down time and for the 1st time, I peeped in on the boards of a few other teams. I would rather kill myself than have to banter around some of those boards with those folks all year.

I dont think some people truly appreciate this board. From the maudes to the collective group. Super funny people, incredibly knowledgeable, creative, good debaters, some real good apples etc. While we have some fun traditions, we are also a pretty creative group and can innovate well. There are some boring and corny a$$ motherfukers on some of those other boards

Now, that said, some days on CIS, I feel like:

1664039257118.gif

Ah yes, the "Porster Effect"

Discovered in 1843 by Dr Helmüt Von Mopeyhamhemmerstein.

Discovered porsting's negative effect on team performance. Made notably famous after German mushroom stamping Le French Maginot Line. Several memes were posted "wir rollen" and the rest is history.
This man said we are jinxing the team. Yeah. He’s 16.

Advertisement
Why one or the other? Maybe keep both. Let the game decide which one to use. No body is nervous about todays game, so we fuccin, would be more appropriate. UNC game, it could be both. But no need to get rid of I'm nervous.
Of course. There is a point of who gives a ***. If someone loves that thread and this poll says otherwise , who cares. Post away.

Advertisement
Back