Board of trustees info

Bird4um

Sophomore
Premium
Don't shoot the messanger.

My girl is a manager for a restaurant and knows very little sports.
I mentioned the canes and she lights up and tells me the following.

Verbatim:

My assistant manager's uncle is on the board that makes alot of decisions. He said Gruden (she meant golden) is in deep trouble.
I said is he getting fired.
She said no but he will have to fire someone.
Gruden will get fired If he gives up 50 pts.

I corrected her and assumed she meant loses so many games.

I told her to ask him tomorrow at work and write it down!!!!

I'll update as I hear.

He is going to stop by my Duke tailgate.... Ill update

Last edited:
Advertisement
So the defense gives up 49 points to Duke and Golden keeps his job walks??Got it...won't shoot but will neg

Even if Coach D goes at some point that doesn't mean the defense itself will change. It's Goldens defense. Al Groh would probably replace him.

We need to get raped by Duke and GT and ESPECIALLY Cincinnati.

Godlen needs to get fired unless he is immediately willing to cede full control of the defense to an attacking 4-3 downhill coach and completely change his strength and conditioning program from an emphasis on size back to speed as it was before. The systems and the S&C go hand in hand.

Godlen should be a CEO and recruiter. That's what most HCs are anyway. There is no reason at all for him to get involved in the defense. Stick to crootin and marketing.

Advertisement
i just hope the AD has to fire his buddy because he doesnt than he will leave with him on his own

Golden gets fired and the canes end up getting more points with Coley coaching and duke and Stacy blitzing off the corners

Whether the info is credible or not, I truly think that IF Golden does fire Dorito or "forces" him to resign, he is in a sense "firing" or abandoning his defensive scheme. However, I should never underestimate Goldy, he's mentally handicap.

Advertisement
Mistaking Golden's defense for D'Gonhorrea's defense is a big mistake.

How do you get on the BOT being such a dumbass in the basics?

i just hope the AD has to fire his buddy because he doesnt than he will leave with him on his own

At this point I'm a vindictive ******* - I want Golden to have to fire his best man, only for the Board/Blake to turn around and say "Actually, you can follow him out the door".

He's ruined 4 years of my (football) life, I want his life long friendship to be ruined too. Fair is fair.

Let's be real gordlen buys himself a year if he nuts up and fires his boy... If not he's donzo

Advertisement
Assistant Manager? That's when the big bucks start rolling in.

Good. Glad to hear it. Cause in a month, my life could be your life. A cushy, thirty eight thousand dollar a year branch manager, who's personal friends with Tom Skerritt. Not a bad life, is it?

Advertisement
Assistant Manager? That's when the big bucks start rolling in.

image.jpg

Advertisement
Back